Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 $tevie Awards

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen...and Happy New Year!!!

As we bring this year to a close, I'd like to reflect on the past year and the many wonderful things that have happened. This has been the longest non-leap year of my life...mostly because this time last year, I was on a booze cruise in Boston Harbor with an older lady from work, J-Dub watching fireworks go off over the skyline. It was great...and happened two hours earlier due to the time difference...but I probably spent that extra time this year waiting in the airport on my trips to Vegas twice (pre blog days), St. Louis, Memphis, New Orleans, Barcelona, Rupit, France, Florence & Rome, Naples & Sicily, back to Barcelona, and Dallas.

Tonight though, I'm here at work...but Bubbles & Foxy made it all worth while today...and I'm going to explain why. Bubbles, just by being herself...and partly because she partied a little hearty last night, has decided not to get trashed tonight...so we're having a Movie Night tomorrow. She also gave me a Tarot Card reading with her new set that Brooklyn gave her for Christmas. It goes a little something like this...in layman's terms...

Past - Eight of Swords - You seem to be restricted by your past. Decisions & situations make you feel restricted from future progression. Don't sweat the small stuff, see the big picture. Don't overanalyze.

Present - Four of Swords - Now is the time to look inward for self-reflection and self-examination (possibly for ticks). This will help you to heal and feel renewed for the coming events.

Future - Prince of Hearts - (That's right. The Prince of Hearts. You can guess how this one goes.) You are a romantic in every sense of the word. You are in love for Love itself. Many see you as a Casanova sweeping ladies off their feet and overpowering them with your charms. You are infatuated with "Comings & Goings of all kinds" (the first one, absolutely). Be in contact with feelings of young love. You are light and charming and a welcomed visitor. However, you may may be seen as a Don Juan of sort, where you would kiss and tell. (How did they know? On the real though, if you don't want me to mention stuff on the blog, I can be very discreet. Wink wink) So yeah, awesome reading, right? These cards are ten times better than that trick, Sylvia Browne.

Foxy, by saying at the workplace, "$teve, are you on break? I need some Meat." Obviously, my first thought (and therefore immediately response) was "Wow, are you in luck!!!" Also, all the ladies within earshot heard this announcement as well...and started with their wondrous comments like "Yup, $teve definitely the guy to talk to about that" or "Geez guys, wait until your shift is over" or my personal favorite, "Oooh, me next!!!" Allow me to give some background. There was a sandwich potluck tonight...and Foxy was supposed to bring the meat...but forgot (she may have a memory problem...but said she was having a bad day...which could mean anything). So, she saw me in passing...and, in her own quirky way, asked me if I could get some meat for her. She just has a problem with not thinking before she says stuff...like me.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you...the awards show that you've all been waiting for...



The 2007 Stevies

Based on something sent to my MySpace account a few weeks ago that I thought I'd hold onto until it's officially 2008...so here it goes. By the way, just because you're not mentioned in the Stevies doesn't mean that I don't care about you. It's simply some stupid stuff that I threw together one night when I should've been out partying...but instead am working...for no apparent reason other than I'm a nice guy. Without further ado, this year's winners are...

DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR: Bubbles - Always there when I need a drink, makes work worth going, and always willing to watch stupid movies with me...while drinking. If she were there to hold my hair back the next morning, we'd practically be a couple.


LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend): Isaihia - Who's getting married in a few months and has been down since the 2nd grade. How many people can say that?


NEWCOMER AWARD: JJ - At the beginning of the year, she was admittedly afraid of me (somehow) but just in time for her to move away, she likes me. That's how I roll. Immediately after you start to like me, you leave the state.


HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR: Birthday party weekend in Vegas - My mom, Mr. & Mrs. Wingman, Laquesse, Filly, Rose, and myself celebrated the 26th anniversary of my birth in the traditional manner of cake, ice cream, party hats, the Ritz-Carlton, hot tubs, strippers, booze, and a little bow chicka bow wow. Best Birthday Ever!!!


LOW POINT OF THE YEAR: Drive back from Vegas with my brother and new wife in March (Their Honeymoon) - I got pulled over for speeding in Cedar City, then spent the night at a gas station in Historic Cove Fort during a blizzard, that didn't stop all night, didn't sleep a wink all night thanks to truckers & discomfort, then woke up with the morning sun, drove for three hours at about 20 MPH in the blizzard as truckers passed and tired skid on about six inches of ice under six inches of snow, then another three hours after the freeway was semi-cleaned, made it home safely just in time to make it to work for a twelve hour day. All in all, if that's the low point of my year, I'm glad to have it. I slept like a babe that night.


BEST HOLIDAY: Christmas - Most other holidays, I was at work...but I was glad to only work two days out of twelve during the Christmas season. I kind of wish that I was out partying to ring in 2008...but I'm sure there'll be parties going on when I'm outta here.


SONG FOR 2007: "American Gangster" by Jay-Z - The movie was even pretty good...but I'm glad to see Jigga coming out of retirement in a good way. The whole album is really good too. "IT'S THE ROC!!! HOLLA!!!"


MOVIE FOR 2007: Transformers - It could have been a LOT worse...and "The Departed" was last year, right?


VIDEO GAME FOR 2007: Rock Band - Obviously, I've played this a bunch in the past couple of weeks. I've probably already played it more than Madden 2008 & NBA Live 2008 combined. Mostly because of having time during the Holidays...but still great game that everybody can love to play.


TV SHOW FOR 2007: Drawn Together - The reason I got cable.

WHO DID YOU SPEND VALENTINES WITH: Rosie...and a bunch of chicks at work. I had a three-pound box of chocolates that I shared with my ladies. I'm such a PIMP...minus the sex...emphasis on the large hands though. That's why it's called National Single Awareness Day to me...but more on that when it rolls around here in six weeks, okay?

BEST RELATIONSHIP: Well, there was really only one...but it was still pretty awesome. Seriously? How often in one's lifetime can you have incredible sex with the little sister of someone you loathe? It's a high point of my life...not just the year.


HALLOWEEN COSTUME: Chewbacca and the Devil


RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR: Mélange at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans - They have this filet of beef with a creamy brenaisse sauce that is simply spectacular...plus the lobster bisque and beignets with three different dipping sauces. Absolutely fantastic!!!


BOOK OF THE YEAR: Stephen Colbert's "I Am American (And So Can You)" - I don't read books...but I do support Steves


BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR: To invite my mom to come to Vegas with us. You rock, Mom!!! Love ya!!!


PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR: Welcoming a Nephew into the world, maybe date a little, jet set across the globe, usual...


STUPIDEST IDEA WHEN DRUNK: "Hey, I should fill out this Boyfriend Application on MySpace"


BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR: Probably doing this blog...or being the World's Coolest Uncle


BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG AWARD: I didn't name this award...but I'll give it to Terrell Owens. I just couldn't think of anybody more deserving. I hate to be mean like this...but I'm kind of glad that he's hurt. It's really awful to say...but it's been said, so there. Courtney Love, as always, is the biggest loser in this category.





NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS:




  • Travel more...or at least as much
  • Find a good girl who likes me too
  • Have more sex...preferably with a woman nearby
  • Pursue another part-time job...maybe as a late night radio DJ
  • Play more basketball. I miss our times together.
  • Give more to charity & donate time, blood, plasma, sperm, hair, feces, whatever they'll take
  • Dance more...preferably with a woman nearby
  • Swear less (now that my nieces & nephews are getting spongier)
  • Should I swear off Mountain Dew or something? Like Lent?
  • Nah, maybe just eat healthier...or cook more
  • Remember JJ
  • Smack more asses (a.k.a. More forward with the opposite sex)
  • Drive my Baby more
  • Most importantly, make sure everybody out there knows how much I love & care for them

Have fun tonight...and a great 2008 everybody!!! Drive safely & drink responsibly!!! See ya next year!!! (Lame, I know...)

18 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

I almost always pull the Eight of Swords when I do Tarot! Good luck with all of your resolutions for 08' Travel more is on the top of my list too. Happy New Year Steve!

$teve said...

Happy New Year, Pirate Monkey!!! May you see more of the world than I could ever dream...

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Is Foxy a furry?

$teve said...

I have no idea...yet. She does have a lot of hair on top though. Perhaps we'll see if the carpet matches the drapes. As long as it's not hardwood floors though, we should be good. (Shiver)

princess said...

Hey Mookie, we had to go to old postings to get our message from you. I think confusion on our end as well, all that talk about toasted cheese and frames?? You are for sure close on your guess. How about we are more like QUEENS of Homeagents and we probably have taught you and the others an abundance of information on Homies. And the "we" thing is literal there is no obscure message in that. Now that you know who we are do we get personal "nick" names too?

$teve said...

You were totally my 3rd guess as to who it was. I knew it was somebody at the Gingerbread party thing...but I thought it was. You know what. It doesn't matter. Now I know. Are there any nicknames that you would like?

princess said...

We are in liking of your creations. Besides it's your blog you name us. Did you know Shakira is 1/2 Lebanese and 1/2 Columbian which is close enough to the Mexican race that's what I tell the other princess anyway. She is way hot and I like that her and I share the same blood line. I love that we were your 3rd choice which really means you were clueless hehehehe! So I watched Mr. Brookes this weekend and I liked the plot but not so much the ending have you seen it?

$teve said...

Yes, I have seen it...and blogged about it. I really liked that movie. I saw that it was on a bunch of 2007's Ten Worst Movie lists...but I would place it in the Top 10 for originality and overall appeal.

Anyway, let's see. I'm perfect good with call you ladies Princess...but if you want separate names, how about...Shaky II & Baby T? If you don't like being a sequel to Shaky...we could go with...Princess Homey.

princess said...

Oh my I must have missed that one on your blog. So Shaky 11 and baby T is that like a rap video hoochie type name? I like my name but Princess 2 over here needs clarification on Shaky. The naked cowboy was on Judge Christina New years day did you get the pleasure of seeing that? Me and Daryl did it was awsome.

$teve said...

Clarification - Shaky II is Shakira 2...but because she & I have been friends for many years (fam trip out to Miami) I can call her Shaky...and II is the Roman numberal.

I have seen the Naked Cowboy in person...but I have yet to see any episode of Judge Christina...thank God.

princess said...

Okay Shaky 2 likes it. Although I think I look more like Shakira than she does but whatever things are cool. :-) I too saw the naked cowboy in person he poses for pics and he sticks his rear out for pinching if you desire. I did not desire. Your little Nephew is soooo cute it's probably a good thing for your sis-inlaw that he was a little early though he is a good size right now. I am baking a little girl and my husbands reaction was a big smile and he said "well that's what I get" I told him sorry and nurse said "what are you sorry for it's his fault" and he said this is true my sperm have failed me. I'm happy with 2 daughters I think a boy would of killed me early. I have another movie suggestion if not seen already Devil on Horseback.

$teve said...

Honestly, I've heard from just about everybody that boys are easier...to raise too. Girls are awesome though. I don't know. I don't have kids...and probably won't for a while. Never heard of Devil on Horseback (sounds like a silly romance novel to me) but I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the flattering remarks about the nephew.

princess said...

If you talk to any of my friends who have boys they will tell you differently I guess it depends on the parent. Either way gotta take what ya get. Devil on Horseback is not close to a romance or silly. It's about the Darfur and Sudanese genocide war. This military guy goes down there to take photo's and ends up creating a mission to get America's attention on it. It is a must see educational film. Any dates with Foxy yet?

$teve said...

Educational? Genocide? Horseback? The? Okay, now I'm not sure who this is again. I was under the impression...you know, maybe I'll check it out...but it certainly doesn't sound like a Movie Night kind of movie. I mean...we watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, for God's sake. :)

As for Foxy, not yet...but perhaps I'll have to inquire next time I see her. We shall see. Any guesses on who Foxy is yet? Or have you accepted her anonymity?

princess said...

Just watch it by yourself not on movie night come on Mookie don't rot your brain out. As far as Foxy goes we have burnt our brain on it you should give us a hint atleast. Shaky 2 wants to know which teams your going for this weekend.

Another movie suggestion: This one you can watch on movie night-SHAG and as a side note it's one of your bosses favorite movies. And the hotdog thing is GREAT! That is something we would do, but didn't.

$teve said...

Teams this weekend was actually going to be on tomorrow's blog...but it's the Giants, Packers, Patriots, & Colts...followed by Packers & Patriots in the Super Bowl. Favre & the Patriots...think about it. All the greatness (minus the Eagles) in one game. :)

I'll have to look into SHAG (sounds like fun) and good luck with finding out Foxy. I'll give you another hint...she's young.

princess said...

Shaky 2 is pleased on your choices especially the GIANTS! Okay and hello we read your blog we know she is young that doesn't exactly narrow it down. C'mon Mookie we gave so many clear hints on our identity throw us a freakin bone. What desk does she work on? Color of hair somethin! Was she shot 9 times and walk with a limp?

$teve said...

She doesn't walk with a limp yet...but probably will walk funny when I'm through with her. :) She's on RR. That should make it TOO easy now. Good luck...

Where should I go next?