Saturday, December 8, 2007

God Gives Us a Snow Job

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Last night, I talked to Foxy and Tuesday looks like it may be the first date...or whatever you wanna call it. Because of our schedules, it's going to be a noonish lunch date thing...and I know what you may be thinking (and I've seen "Just Friends") and lunch dates are for friends, but I'm cool with that...and have proven that to be incorrect in the past. Worst-case, we end up being just friends (unless she stabs me or something, then that's obviously worse), I get to hang out and share a few laughs with her...and her incredible sexiness, and the food is great. Best-case, much much better...and I end up doing another Happy Dance. I say it's worth the risk. Well worth it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this goes through. Heck, I was almost able to give her a ride home last night...but her mom was already on the way. Schucks.


Dream Last Night - The stadium is going CRAZY!!! People are dressed and excited like it's a damn Kool & the Gang concert circa 1977. Afro puffs, big collars, shoes with fish swimming in them, all the fixings of a Blaxploitation film. An announcer belts out "Ladies & Gentlemen, here he is!!!" Out steps some white guy looking like Wilt Chamberlain's ghost as he walks out with his entourage, it's me...in a gold crushed velvet suit, pompador hat, and...not my mama, but somebody's black mama. Then it instantly switches to my point-of-view and my black mama's so proud of me (I'm not sure what for). I glance around at the fans lined along a narrow pathway leading to centerstage. Just then Isaac Hayes pops up in front of me, "Wassup baby? Right this way. Oh...and we have a special surprise for you (Points behind me)" A schmorgesbord of multi-racial hotties come out the hallway and line up behind me as we make our way down the lane.


Now, my brother's in front of me with his daughter Kairi as we're walking. She's fussing a bit, so I offer to hold her. I do my tongue-wagging thing that she loves and she's instantly happy to see her uncle $teve...and reaches for my beard (oh yeah, I have my little beard thing in this dream) like she usually does. I give her a kiss and do the baby gibberish thing...and then I notice she's a little wet...so I give her back to my brother...then I realize, it's just me, him, and her walking along a narrow bridge over, what I assume, is the Mississippi River or something at nighttime. We get to the end of the bridge to a little park where there's a railroad track running perpendicular to the bridge. "Where is everybody?" We look back and see a glimmer about a half-mile back, "Man, they're way behind us. We'll just wait here and change this girl's diaper quick." Then I hear the rumbling of a train coming down the track...and it roars by...as I wake up and here what I thought was a dump truck or something (later found to be a snow plow).


It was about fifteen minutes before I was going to wake up anyway, so I woke up, showered, got ready to give blood by eating breakfast, walked outside, and saw 3-4 more inches on the ground and my car than when I left it...and there was already 3-4 inches on the ground & roads when I left it...so I thought to myself, "It's probably not safe to give blood, then negotiate skating a Buick back home. I'll reschedule for another day. If they want my blood bad enough, they can come and get it themselves." Since then, I haven't been doing much except telling my brother that I'm not going to be driving to his house...for the same reason. I may just call it an old fashioned lazy snow day, at least until the roads are cleared and the snow stops coming down. Since I don't really have much else to talk about then...here's some news clips...


We May Have a Cure - Big news in the Health world, scientists have the first evidence that those "reprogrammed stem cells" that came into the scene when I was in Europe last month really have the potential to help cure disease. They've used skin from the tails of sick mice to cure the rodents of sickle cell anemia. This was from the process of taking adult cells and turning them into mimiced embryonic stem cells instead of using embryos, avoiding that whole morality thing completely, which is what science seems to do best anyway. This discovery is HUGE!!! Studies are obviously still being conducted and who knows when and if it'll prove fruitful for humans, but it's great news...and could be the start of conquering some horrible diseases. I'm super excited. How excited? Feel these nipples. That's half-scientific breakthrough, half-possible date on Tuesday, half-'can't wait for the heater to kick on', half-thinking about Foxy's nipples, nipples. Go ahead, add 'em up, that makes two perked nipples. Damn this heater just won't turn on. Maybe I should turn on the stove.


Why do people still live in Afrika? - Constant political turmoil, military coups every week, bloodshed over industries used in other countries, it's hot, there are lions, hippos, and crocodiles looming EVERYWHERE, why do people live in Afrika still? I just don't think man was supposed to survive in this naturally beautiful region of the world...and this just adds another thing. In Kenya, they've found a new species, a nine-foot long giant spitting cobra that holds enough venom to kill over a dozen people with one bite, luckily it'll just kill YOU quickly with it's bite. Oddest part, it was bred by a snake farmer (not a charmer) and may be named after him...being a new hybrid, Naja Ashei. Wildlife Direct say they can find an effective anti-venom for it now that it has been found...but if it's bite can kill you fairly instantly...and can SPIT its venom at you...then just don't expect me to go get that venom for ya. It's a sign, people. The animals are evolving faster than we are. Keep an eye on those damn, dirty apes in the mountains of the Congo.


X-Files 2 Update - Okay, as many of you probably already know, they're making a sequel to the X-Files movie...which I've never seen. A few actors have signed on besides David Duchovny and redhead seductress Gillian Anderson...and they are Amanda Peet ("Whipped" & "Studio 60"), British comedian Billy Connolly ("The Last Samurai" & "Muppet Treasure Island"), and of course, Xzibit ("Pimp My Ride" & "XXX: State of the Union"). It just goes to show, if there's a movie with an X in it, expect X to the Z to make an appearance. Xzibit & Peet are going to play fellow FBI agents to Mulder & Scully...and Connolly, I guess is going to be some much needed comic relief. The show's been off the air since 2002 (I thought it was much longer ago than that) and the first movie was released in 1998, a full decade before the release date next July. I'm sure some of my friends who watched this show religiously (and still do) will eventually convince me to check it out...but I'm waiting for Xzibit & Peet to show up at somebody's front door to ask them about last night's disturbance...and a 17-year old girl answers...and freaks out "Oh my God!!! Oh my God!!! It's Xzibit!!! Oh my God!!! My car's right over here, the old Pinto with the pigeon poo all over it." "Yo!!! I ain't here to pimp your ride. I'm here to ask you about the aliens...ugh, I mean, what you say last night. Hehe..." Now, Cancer Man doesn't have the raspiest voice on the show.


Whatever happened to DMX? Why doesn't he have a cameo in the new X-Files movie? Is he still making music? Since I watched "Never Die Alone" (2004, horrible movie) I just haven't heard much from him...which is probably a good thing because rappers don't show up on the news for giving turkeys away or anything. I heard he found Jesus like Ma$e did on a few dis records...but that's hardly admissible in court. I just wikipedia'd him...and saw that his driving record is...less than stellar...and apparently in August, he was involved in a dogfighting ring...but luckily Michael Vick got all the publicity. Yeesh!!! Anyway, I've still got his first three albums...and they're fabulous...and hopefully he can get his life back on track. We miss you, Earl Simmons!!! Best of luck with your legal problems. Arrr aarrr!!! (That's how I do a dog bark, apparently)


Anyway, that should do it for today. I'm ugh...gonna go shovel some snow. Watch some college basketball (been watching Illinois vs. Arizona while typing this up) and maybe go see a movie with some friends when/if the roads clear. We'll see. No big whoop...until maybe Tuesday. Super excited for that...but trying not to get my hopes up. It's tough though. It's been a while since I've been on a real date date. I'll just be my usual charming self...and hopefully that'll be enough. She already thinks I'm a "sweet guy" which either means "You're a nice guy and we can be friends because I'm entirely too hot for you" or "I wonder what you taste like" and I'm obviously hoping for the latter. Still super excited. Have a great weekend everybody!!! Ruff Ryders!!! Oh yeah, happy birthday to Jim Morrison!!! Wish you were still here making crazy music, buddy.

No comments:

Where should I go next?