Thursday, December 20, 2007

Movie Night Extravaganza

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Yesterday started with me listening to ESPN talk about Bill Parcells joining the Atlanta Falcons as an executive VP of football operations. I woke up this morning to news that he's joining the Miami Dolphins in the same position. Now...was this a simple miscommunication through ESPN sources? I mean, it's slightly larger than a typo on a report leading to an attack on Iraq instead of Iran...but they covered it very well, in either case. Shortly after, Bubbles and I went to do some Christmas shopping at the Dancing Crane, which is an incredible import store with a lot of decorations for anybody who wants to make their home shinier, smellier, prettier, or more worldly. We walked through there for an hour, saw a lot of great stuff, but didn't end up buying anything. I didn't know what to get my stepmom, because if possible, I like to get people stuff they'd actually use...like a table or lamp or something...and then pick one that has fairies all over it or a Buddha with a belly you can put your beer on something. Oh yeah, I briefly considered getting a table that was Logi with his head between his legs (didn't ask why) so that I could use him to hold my tasty beverage...but didn't...mostly because it was over a thousand dollars.

After there, Bubbles mentioned that she wasn't in a very decisive mood (slight hangover?) so we decided to get something to eat at the Belgian Waffle House. This restaurant obviously has a great breakfast menu...and I know this because it's open 24 hours...so whenever I need me a waffles with ice cream and hot fudge syrup on top of it at three in the morning, this is the place to go. However, I decided to pick from their lunch menu...and got a giant greasy 1/3 pound burger with pastrami, several cheeses, and a side of potato salad. The burger was delicous. The potato salad was potato salad. My mom makes better.

After lunch, it was almost time for our early Movie Night. It had to be early because we had tickets to a friend's husband's band, Slow Ride at 7 PM at Liquid Joe's. The Mad Scientist met up with me while Bubbles ran some other errands and he told me about his bad ass trip to San Francisco this last weekend. He also gave me one of the coolest presents EVER. A Miracle Jesus Action Figure with glow-in-the-dark hands, the ability to turn water to wine, and the ability to feed 5000 with five loaves and two fish. Thanks Professor!!! Just for that, here's a sexy picture for you...with a question...what's better than one Neve Campbell?

When Bubbles finally showed up, we started to watch "The Way of the Gun" which I had never seen before. It's a great shoot-em-up flick with catchy one-liners and great dialogue too. One scene in particular that I enjoyed was the first of the movie. Why? Sarah Silverman plays her type cast role as a bitchy Jewish girlfriend...and this is the first time that I've seen something funny from it. That's all I'm going to say about it. Check it out. Speaking of type cast, is it just me...or is Ryan Philippe the prototypical tough pussy? I mean, I've seen a lot of movies where he's supposed to be a bad ass thief or drug runner or cop or something involving a gun...but we always has the scenes where he's conflicted or severely emotional...and every time I think to myself, "Is he gonna cry? Is the big bad kidnapper going to cry? Come on Goldilocks, it's okay. It's okay. You'd better get your head back in the game...because James Caan's coming after ya..." Great flick though.

Towards the end of the movie, Brooklyn showed up to join us for Movie Night...and it was already past 7 PM, so we didn't end up at the concert. No biggie though, we were being entertained with less-expensive drinks. The second movie was "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" with Robert Downey jr. and Val Kilmer. Another great flick that I've gone over before. The ultimate fun, one-liner, film noir, whodunit? murder mystery...check it out if you like anything...and I'm sure that you like something. Towards the end of that movie, JJ showed up. So FIVE people showed up to Movie Night. Usually it's two, I like this trend. Tell your family & friends about the next movie night...stay tuned...and feel free to give suggestions too. So when is the next Movie Night? I'm thinking next Thursday the 27th may be it.

Other than that, not much going on. My brother REALLY wants to hang out...and my recently engaged best buddy Isaihia may be there today. We shall see. He can prove to be flaky sometimes...especially now that he's officially whipped...instead of merely accepted as a fact. Regardless, it should be a fun time. First though, it's my favorite day of the week, Payday, so I've gotta stop by work because cash rules everything around me, cream, get the money, dollar dollar bills y'all. Not sure when my next post'll be...maybe a few days...but at the latest Sunday (I work). Get out there and finish your Christmas shopping and spend time with your loved ones!!! That's a prescription from your doctor, Dr. Mookie Love. Also, if you have nothing better to do, check out the SD Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl where my alma mater, the University of Utah goes against Army. Should be a great game!!!

No comments:

Where should I go next?