Friday, December 7, 2007

Livin' the Dream

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Big News today everyone, please, gather round, come hither, focus on these baby blues, put your pencils down, do whatever you have to do to give me your utmost attention...for this is a grand announcement. Last night, I proved not only to my God, my country, my parents, my friends...but most importantly to myself, that I do, in fact, have some testicular fortitude. Now, this isn't like my morning ritual where I check to make sure they're still attached. This is more of the metaphorical sense of BALLS. You may be asking yourself, how did I do this? Some of you may have already guessed...and are probably right...but here it goes...in as best a description as I can provide in my state at that time...something like giving a statement at the scene of a car crash, my chest was pounding, my mouth wasn't speaking what I was thinking (thank God), and I was basically running on instinct...but here it goes. (Have I built this up enough? Maybe too much?)


Last night, I was working (as usual) and Foxy was also working. She had spent a few hours taking some certification test...and had brought it back to me. She was really worried that she had failed the test, so I tried my best to reassure her...and not stare directly into her supple bosom or full, lucious lips...but rather her gorgeous eyes. She sat down and we chat-chitted for about ten seconds before I said something along the lines of "Hey, would you...like to have a meal with me one of these days?" She didn't seem that shocked, "Yeah, that'd be sweet." "Cool. You...have my number still, right? (Movie Night invitations)" "Yeah, I don't know...when we could...but yeah, that'd be sweet." "That's cool, just let me know when." She stood up, "Okay, nice. Sorry, I've really gotta go pee." "Wow. Okay." "Yeah, I...gotta go. Alright, high five." We high-fived...and she went to the bathroom. I like to think that I just got her a little wet with my sultry voice...but who knows.


So yeah, I asked Foxy out (FINALLY) and she said yes...so I did a little happy dance in my seat...something along the lines of the Cabbage Patch and the Soulja Boy. "$teve, sorry I...really do have to go to the bathroom, I'm not running...were you just dancing?" Yeah, she caught me in the act of happy dancing. "Ugh...yeah. Enjoy the bathroom." She went away smiling...whew. Thus begins this dating adventure. To be continued...


I woke up today feeling especially enthusiastic...despite it being yet another rainy & gloomy day...but it was more of a feeling like...I was in a half-dream/half-awake state for most of the day...probably because of the endorphines running through my body because of the night before. So I showered (singing Smokey Robinson), dressed, and thought I'd spend the day paying off some bills, and then return home to kick back and watch some movies. As I walked out to my car, I saw THIS parked directly behind me...



Again, I thought I was still in a dream for a few seconds...and expected Doc Brown to pop out and say "You've gotta come back with me." "Where?" "Back to the Future!!! Great Scott!!!" However, it was just a nice restored DeLorian (one of my dream cars) that I'm not sure if the guy was trying to sell it to one of my neighbors or some kind of transaction was going down...but either way, there seemed to be a lot of emphasis on the trunk. Anyway, here are some random thoughts that I had (or have had) about the "Back to the Future" trilogy...

  • How did Doc Brown make money? I know he was a scientist...and I realize that he had to steal plutonium because, especially during the Reagan years, that was expensive stuff...but was he collecting royalties off any of his inventions to pay for his house...or his massive experiments?
  • He could make a MINT off Mr. Fusion nowadays. Basically it converts your recyclables into high-grade plutonium producing "1.21 JIGGOWATTS!!!"
  • I never did understand the life preserver
  • Why didn't Jerry Lewis run as Vice President with Ronald Reagan?
  • When Doc Brown exclaims "Great Scott!!!", is he talking about Scott Baio?
  • If my mom looked like Lea Thompson...that could be awkward (like the whole "Terminator" scenario where John Connor sends his father back through time)
  • If for some reason Marty didn't know that was his mom immediately...and they "had a little fun", would he disappear halfway through?
  • What if Chuck Berry's cousin Marvin hadn't been at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance that fateful day in 1955? Would we still have Rock & Roll?
  • It's almost 2015. Where the hell are the flying cars, Hoverboards, instacook dinners, and Jaws movies? Last I checked, I was stuck in traffic, walking, cooking for hours, and waiting for Jaws 5 - Pool Shark Blues. Oh...and those self drying, leafblower jackets would be useful too.
  • Was I the only person at the end of Back to the Future III who heard Doc Brown says "These are my boys, Jules & Verne" and was expecting genetilia to be shown?
  • How many times can you watch a movie before you no longer need to see the movie, just close your eyes?

Panda News of the Day - In Vienna, home of the world-famous sausages, the zoo has named its newest panda...and the name has a personal significance to me. The panda's new name is Fu Long, meaning "Lucky Dragon." How is it kinda personal? Two years ago, I took a Beginning Chinese course shortly after spending a month in China (playing chirades for food) and the teacher, who also went on the trip with me, named me Fu Long...but because Chinese language is basically a tonal language mixed with Pictionary, the meaning for MY Fu Long was "Eccentric Philosopher" which was also fitting. Yes ladies & gentlemen, this panda may be the closest that you'll ever find to being named in my honor (unless I donate my Powerball money to a research institute somewhere).

Dead Ringers - I watch this movie today starring Jeremy Irons as a set of brilliant twin gyneocologists who share their patients...in every way. A popular actress stumbles upon this when she realizes the differences between the two twins personalities...and basically finds out (as everyone else does) that they're both a little crazy (and painkillers help). This is another one of those creepy movies because Jeremy Irons...and that evil Scar / Die Hard villian / evil wizard voice of his strike fear even unintentionally as he reads the most simple or wiseass of remarks on the screen. I'd give it a look if you like creepy psychological movies. Be warned though, it's not that bloody...but these instruments are implied to be used. (Shivers)

Anyway, that's probably enough for tonight. I really don't have anything else to say really. Hell, I've probably said too much...but what else is new? Have a groovy night!!! Thank you all again for reading. I'm livin' the dream right now...and I have you and so many others to thank for it. Thanks for giving me the strength to test my testicular fortitude...and may you all the courage & strength to achieve your dreams. Peace!!!

12 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

Congrats on the success with Foxy!
On the topic of Back to the Future...I am endlessly shocked that we can't, even today, go down to the local hardware store and pick up some plutonium. Maybe next year.

$teve said...

No doubt. Even over twenty years later, we still have to double cross Libyan terrorists...and that's just not right.

Bone Junior said...

I remember when I saw a DeLorian on the open road. It was cosmic.

$teve said...

I have yet to experience one in motion other than on the big screen. It's still parked in the lot too. I don't know if the guy bought it and just left it there parked badly...but it's covered in snow now...hmm, kinda like when it first goes back to the future...you're right, truly cosmic. :)

princess said...

Hey Dr. Mookie we liked your smelly gingerbread house, mustard is good. Although we do think ours was better but just a little. So is "foxy" really [boxy]? Or is this a new hotty that your lust filled eyes have discovered? Seriously Mookie you can't be throwing in twists to your audience it's frustrating like blue b*##s. We need a non-complicated movie blog that is easy to follow so we can solve the mystery.Princessesssssss

$teve said...

Box Girl and Foxy are the same person still. I think Foxy is a more flattering name though...since Box kind of implicates a stocky stature...and she's a brick...house. She's mighty mighty, just lettin' it ALL hang out. Chicka bow chicka bow wow...

princess said...

Good look on your date with Foxay foxay and I hope she let's it all hang out for ya.

princess said...

Wait! so we read your blog after we send our first comment. And we must say SLOPPY! Not FOXY! soooo, not cool I mean frosted flakes are good and all but come on.Playing hard to get is one thing but flake is a very big red flag. Perhaps you should try seeking a hot little triangle who has 3 points to her personality. You deserve better Mookie.

$teve said...

Thanks Princess!!! I plan on finding out "What da deal iz?" when/if I see her...and grapevine says she just got out of a relationship so that may be playing into it...but who knows?

P.S. If you know any hot little triangles out there (please describe what that means, by the way) feel free to share the knowledge with your boy Mookie.

princess said...

Hey Mookie, We don't really have a true meaning to "triangle girl" we just thought it would be better than a "box" girl since she is damaged or whatever her reasons are. If we come across some available hot triangle girls we will for sure send them your way. We have a movie suggestion as well. Hard Candy. Not really a date movie but since you enjoy movies you may appreciate this one we did.

$teve said...

Hard Candy, eh? A movie about potential child predators and young girls meeting on the internet? Are you trying to tell me something?

So you're saying I should look for a girl with a different shape. That's a great suggestion. I may have to do that...and it will certainly be done if there is not an acceptable excuse (alien abduction, etc.)

princess said...

Hey Mookie, No we are not trying to tell you something at all. Just really like the movie allot and having daughters we would love to see this happen more often in hopes that these sick pigs would think twice before trying. If we had our way with these sicko's there would be less people in our population. Yes a different shape perhaps and we are pretty confident that Aliens did not abduct her.Have a hot weekend chat with you on Monday.

Where should I go next?