Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Missy!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, to start off, Movie Night on Thursday was a success. My guests included such return members as the Mad Scientist and JJ...as well as a newcomer, the Mad Scientist's girlfriend, From Russia With Love. While waiting for others to show up, we chat-chitted about whatever...and had a few premium malt beverages and other various concoctions. Then, we decided to watch the time traveling classic, "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" which was the movie that made one of its stars an international-known celebrity. Of course, I'm talking about Alex Winter who played Bill S. Preston, esq. Now, many of you have probably already seen this movie...and have long since banished it from your memory. However, I feel that it's always good to watch...when you want to watch a silly, absurd movie...and then think to yourself, "Wow!!! That Ted "Theodore" Logan is going to be a HUGE star someday." Some of us asked questions about the continuity of the story...but then it always broke down to "Okay, the time traveling telephone booth and the future based on the music of Wyld Stallyns is acceptable...but the expert lighting and soundtrack on the final report? Now that's just too much...and why did Beethoven get thrown in jail for playing the piano in a mall? Wouldn't they figure out that he's deaf?" Anyway, good times were had by all...and we all made it home safely afterwards.

Yesterday, I went down to my brother's so that he, his wife, and I could FINALLY (after three long days) go see "Alien vs. Predator: Requiem" and it didn't disappoint. Yes, there was green and red blood splattered every which way. Yes, there was also enough swearing to make it a fully-fledged rated R movie. Yes, there was badass weaponry. Yes, there was a completely unneeded human subplot set in Gunnison, Colorado...including a love interest and various other dramas. Yes, there was only one Predator. Yes, there were a LOT of people who couldn't hear hissing a few inches from their head until it was too late. It was worth every penny...even though I think minus the previews, it was only about eighty minutes long. Also, why does it always seem to rain when the Aliens or a Predator are somewhere? They were in Colorado, should it have been snowing? This thing must have been filmed in Portland or something. Anyway, good scary flick. Take your girlfriend out to see it. Trust me, they'll like all the same parts that I did...especially how the love interest turns out.

Speaking of the previews, I saw previews for this new movie "Cloverfield" that's coming out. You know, the one that looks like a mix of Godzilla and the Blair Witch Project? I was a little intrigued by the idea...until I realized that there would be entirely too much character development for the first forty minutes or so...and all done by home video. However, I was willing to look past that...until I saw on a preview...what appeared to be the silhouette of a Ninja Turtle attacking somebody behind a well-lit sheet. Now, frankly I don't care what threw the head of the Statue of Liberty. Sure I may rent it...but if I find out the Shredder is behind it, I'm gonna ask for my money back. Anyway, if one of you happen to see it, let me know if it's worth my wild. "Jumper" looked like it might be pretty cool.

After the movie, I hung out with my brother and his family for the night. We played Rock Band (of course) and got inducted into the Hall of Fame. Thank you. Thank you. You're too kind. We also played the game that I bought my brother for Christmas, "Kane & Lynch: Dead Men" which is about bank robbers (remember, the occupation my brother & I would do if we weren't so easily identifiable in a lineup). It was a lot of fun...but I'm not the best at those first-person shooter games. I held my own...but it got really frustrating. Apparently, the average baddie can take two shotgun blasts to the face...and still fire back...and there's a lot of baddies. Anyway, it was pretty cool.

We also watched "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix" (sister-in-law was prego bitchy) but when we turned it on...she wasn't paying attention...so my brother & I made wiseass remarks about it...because we can. Then, after a horrible night's sleep on the sofabed, we woke up and Kairi was still feeling sick...and therefore cried a lot...but we got her to calm down somewhat. She's such a cutie...as I'm sure you've all seen. Let's see, I also met my brother's new neighbor who introduced himself as "Harry, you know, like Harry Nuts or Harry Balls. Bet you won't forget my name now." He's probably right. I'm a little surprised he didn't go for the Potter reference. He seemed like a cool kid but just stopped by for a moment to tell my brother that he was going out of town for a few days.

Oh yeah, they also got new ultrasounds of my nephew the other day...and he looks like he could be related to me. He's gonna be huge...and he already looks like the ladies are just going to love him. Unfortunately, I don't have digital copies...but trust me, when I get pictures, they'll be passed along to you. In the meantime, they also finally got that Baby Wet & Wiggles male doll...and here's what you've ALL been waiting for. What all the hubbub was about for these normally completely average dolls that'll pee in your face if you don't watch them. Ladies & Gentlemen...made in China...


On that note, I'm going to wish you all a good day...and feel free to stop by my Aunt Missy's birthday party at Barbary Coast tonight. It's going to rock!!! Have a safe & groovy night.

2 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

Don't go see Cloverfield if it's filmed like Blair Witch. Seriously. I worked at a movie theater when Blair Witch came out and there wasn't a SINGLE show where someone didn't puke. A lot. That was a lot of motion sickness-induced vomit. We were always thrilled if someone made it to the trash can in time. I pity the theater staffs for the Cloverfield release...

$teve said...

The only time that I've been to a theatre and that happened was "Bridges of Madison County" but it wasn't motion sickness. It was Clint Eastwood's bare skin. The entire theatre just couldn't stop vomiting...luckily, I was the only one there...and I was at home.

Where should I go next?