Friday, January 11, 2008

Spanish 101 Love Song

Buenos Dias Damas y Cabelleros,

As I've probably already butchered the salutation of this entry, you can guess that I took German in school...because I thought it would come in handy somewhere other than about 10% of Europe & the Bavarian Chalet in Ogden. However, I did live in Parc de Rosa, a suburb of Slick City, for about four years, so I did pick up a little Spanish...but honestly, most of what I've learned would get me shot if I were to use it. However, several years ago, this did not stop me from trying to sing (or rather mimic) Julio Iglesias tunes to my ex-girlfriend using non-vulgar words that I know and some Spanish sounds while strumming my acoustic. It usually did the trick (because I think she knew about as much Spanish as I did, honestly) but I was forwarded this little ditty by a friend of mine...and I thought that I would share it with you. Enjoy!!!



P.S. I would like to wish a Happy Birthday to BSUWG!!! Everybody else, have a great weekend as well!!! Au Revior!!!

4 comments:

Creativity Escapes Me said...

I grew up on San Carlos Drive that had a circle called Casa Bonita. West Valley. Gotta love it.

JLee said...

hahaah..I used to date this Puerto Rican guy and would make him say random things in Spanish such as "you have a nice elbow"

$teve said...

CEM, nice to have a first-time commentor. Welcome to the craziness!!!

Jlee, I do that all the time. When singing to this ex-girlfriend, I'd usually say stuff like "Mi gusto e gatto" because I knew nothing...and then she would whisper some Spanish stuff in my ear that could have been translated to "The Shane Company is open from Monday to Friday til 8, Saturday til 5, closed Sundays" for all I know...but it sounded hot. French is it's only rival as far as I know. :)

$teve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Where should I go next?