Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lesson in Bathroom Etiquette

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

First off, I wanted to share a little experience of mine that happened last night. I was in the men's bathroom at work. On past visits, I had noticed that the sink's countertops are often wet...sometimes VERY wet. I thought to myself that this may be just to occasional dripping off recently washed hands...and over time it gathers into these large puddles until I show up and try to clean them up a bit. You know, incidental precipitation or something.

However, last night I made use of the urinal then saw this guy (in full business casual attire) splashing water up at his face...and it kind of looked like a clumsy monkey slapping at a small waterfall because he saw his reflection in it or something. He's splashing the water all over the countertop, floors, mirrors, and even a little on his face. I found myself standing back (to avoid the water being flung) and watching this laughing to myself at the sight. Then he got a paper towel and starting drying his hands so I approached the sinks, water still dripping onto the floor. As he walked away from the sink I said, "Hey! (Pointed to the water) What the hell? Aren't you gonna clean this up a bit, man?" He responded in a very metrosexual voice, "Whatever. It's not my job." and walked away. If I didn't think (based on his voice) that my beating his ass would have been construed into a hate crime AND I would have lost my job, then I would have gone with my initial instinct...of beating his ass. Instead, being the courteous coworker that I am, I cleaned it up a little bit, asking a few people if they knew who that dick was...and nobody knew (or cared). Anyway, was I wrong for not beating his ass? I didn't think so. Was I wrong for cleaning up? Maybe. If I see this guy in the restroom again though, there may be some incidental urination...you know, to mark the turf. Show dominance.

Seriously though, that's just messed up to me. Make a damn mess...and then walk away with a snide, cocky attitude. That's the thing about being cocky though, don't whip it out if you're not willing to measure it. I ain't scurred. Just pick up after yourself, that's all I ask. I'm not a germophobe or anything...but I'm also not your mother (just the guy banging her).

The Rock gives to the U - As if the University of Miami football program needed any more money, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his wife Dani donated one million dollars to his alma mater for a new locker room. Both are former student-atheletes (football and rowing) and it's the largest such donation from a student-athlete in the school's history. Not bad...but I think the money could have gone to a better charity than a university that has five or six first round NFL draft picks every year and collects massive bank from television and radio networks. Still, the gesture is nice...and I can understand donating back to your alma mater...if they really needed it. Don't worry SLCC, I won't forget you. Some day...some day...oh, and the Rock's new movie "The Gameplan" was #1 at the box offices this week. Good for him. Nice guy...

Meant to Be - The stars of the two most famous sex tapes of all time...are getting married. Pamela Anderson (who costarred with Tommy Lee) and Rick Saloman (costarred with Paris Hilton) were granted a marriage license in Las Vegas this week. I don't care what you say. I think this could work out. Both have plenty of experience in being married...so now, they can be happy with one another. Good luck guys...and congratulations!!!

Last Minute Concert Announcement - Tomorrow night at Club Manhattan in Slick City, Soul Shakers Entertainment featuring Spitsofrantic will be performing. The following evening, you can catch them at the Avalon Theatre. For details, visit the links...or gimme a call. You probably have my number...or at least my email. Good times will be had by all.

The Office - I've been watching the third season of the Office this morning...and I sympathize with the Jim character. I often feel like him. Doing my job ably enough, doing stupid things to entertain myself along the way, lusting over coworkers (only my coworkers are in their mid-teens), everybody seems to like me for one reason or another, we even share a raggedy haircut...but is this really the job that I want until I retire (many many years from now)? It's a great way to get money and do something on the side...but do I really want this to be my career? Time will tell. Oh, and the show is hilarious. Michael Scott is a horrible human being...but he's damn funny.

That's really about it for tonight. Not much going on. I bought NBA Live 2008 but haven't really had a chance to check it out. Maybe tomorrow, I can give a full review. The Demo was cool though. Maybe I'll do something tonight after doing some more work and it slows down...but hopefully this got a giggle out of you.

1 comment:

$teve said...

Word. Pam needs a good guy...but she'll never learn. It's her choice though. At least she takes responsibility for it, I guess. Seriously though, I think it's all a publicity stunt honestly. They were all secretive about it (the relationship, not the video sales) then WHAM, prenups. Oh well, I wish them luck in whatever they end up doing. Vegas baby!!!

Where should I go next?