Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Spitsofrantic!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Today is the 24th birthday of my good friend Andy a.k.a. Spitsofrantic!!! In celebration of this event, he's going to be doing a concert at Club Manhattan, here in Slick City. I'll be attending. Let me know if you're interested (pending of course, that you're in town). It's only be a few bucks and I'll gladly be a designated driver. Not sure if you're going to like the music? Check out the link to his MySpace page. He's a good cat. Support your local hip-hop artists...and your troops.

The other night, I was googling my real name...and nothing really came up. So in the eyes of the worldwide web, I don't exist...and I'm very cool with that. The less people who know who I am, the less people who have names that I have to remember. "Hey $teve, how's it going? I haven't seen you in forever." "Hey.........you. You look...different? How are things going...where you live?" However, I have also googled Dr. Mookie Love and the Ecclectic Eccentric...and here are a few things that came up. I've linked them, so that you don't have to google it yourself. See what a nice guy I am?

Mookie Love da Hip-Hop Prophet - There were several links to this hip-hop artist. His latest album "Egyptian Eclipse" is now available in stores (His trunk? Didn't show up on Amazon or Best Buy) and you can learn the six chapters of Raptism. He also has samples from his first album "Lryikal Narkotix" of his hit songs "Feel Maaay!", "Sharlet's Web", and "Curb Side Service." I'm personally intrigued by his collaboration with A.D. entitled "Sticky Sweet" but I guess I'll have to buy the album to get a listen. The possibilities are endless. He's also mentioned on a few MySpace accounts. Those always seem to come up on a google search for any word combination.
Chocomookielove Blog - This is a Livejournal blog account...and a secondary journal to their main. Titled "The Apparent Purplish-Black Chocobo's Ramblings" - Mookie Love's Journal. However, there's only one entry in it...and it basically says that they give up and went back to the first journal. Understandable. If you're interested in searching more into it, here's the link. I really wasn't. No offense.

Also, there was a lot of references to the movie "Do the Right Thing" where Spike Lee's character is named Mookie. I still need to watch this movie all the way through. It should be coming through Blockbuster Full Access soon. Allegedly, it's a classic.

TIME - Eclectic Eccentric - There was an article in TIME Magazine titled "Eclectic Eccentric" about King Ludwig II of Bavaria, who is my inspiration for what I want to be when I grow up. For those of you who are not aware of the mad King Ludwig II, he's the guy who financed such magnificent structures as Neuschwanstein (the Cinderella castle), the palaces of Linderhof, and they house many of the great sculpture & art of the 19th century. Eight years ago, I had the opportunity to see some of these magnificent places...and let me tell you, I want to go back very soon. I'd share a few of my favorite pictures with you from that trip...but I don't have that handy...so check out the link and a few of these pictures. That'll wet your appetite.




Sports News - Everybody may care about baseball playoffs starting today and all that jibber jabber (Go Phillies!!!) but my thoughts are where they always are...with the 4-time NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs. They announced the other day that they're going to retire the jersey number 6 of former Spurs point guard and current Dallas Mavericks head coach Avery Johnson. To me, Mr. Johnson is an inspirational story. He played college ball at Southern University (brownie points if you know where it's located) and was undrafted by the NBA, mostly because he's under six-foot (which is really small by NBA standards). He played a year in the USBL, then signed with the Seattle Sonics in 1988. Since then, he played seven franchises, most noticeably with the Spurs where he won two championships. His passion for the game and desire to win motivated his team during his playing days and has carried on into his coaching career with the Dallas Mavericks, who had the best record in the NBA last year (his 2nd year of coaching). Fighting against the odds, taking on the big guys despite your mediocre size, it doesn't matter as long as you have a bigger heart. This guy deserves to be recognized by having his number retired...and I think he's a future Hall of Famer. There's my predication for the day. He's a great guy...and still has one of the funniest voices in league history...but a great smile and knows his stuff. Congratulations, Mr. Johnson!!!

Anyway, that's probably good for today. Hope you enjoyed it. Peace out.

P.S. According to my friend Bubbles, her boyfriend almost did the exact same thing last night...but luckily, she was able to warn him about which one the ground terminal was. I don't feel quite as dumb...but still a little. I'll get over it eventually...probably at the birthday party tonight!!!

3 comments:

JLee said...

I have googled JLee and come up with some interesting hits. Lots of Asians..lol

Stephanie Faris said...

I google myself all the time. (Sounds dirty!) I found some interesting things out there. For one thing, a website was publishing articles I wrote for another site on their site as their own. I pointed it out to the site I was working for and they ordered the other site take it down immediately.

$teve said...

Yeah, everytime that I say "google" something, it sounds like some kind of a dirty verb. "Yeah, I googled myself twice yesterday. The results were very similar...but fulfilling."

Where should I go next?