Monday, October 29, 2007

Movie Night is a GO!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Movie Night may actually be a feasible thing now. What's even better than that? It's going to be tomorrow night. What's even better than that? Box Girl has been officially invited and she has my number...and expressed a lot of interest. Yippee!!! I'm not getting too excited, since it is only for a movie, but it's a good start. Scratch that, a great start. She has the digits. Now, we just have to decide on a movie. Any suggestions? It was going to be "Breakfast Club" but now I'm thinking of something with a little more girl-on-girl action. Maybe "Bound" or something. I'm open to other suggestions though. So far it's Box Girl (possibly), Bubbles, and myself...but we'll see. Even if it's just the three of us, that's a fun night full of Jaegerbombs, Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, and a little gettin' to know ya. Maybe we'll watch a scary movie...so the girls can just squeeze up on me for protection thanks to the giant screen and surround sound of the Cooliseum theatre. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Brother has a Job Now!!! - My brother now has a part-time job, which is good...because it's better than a no-time job. Congratulations to him...and just in time because I think my sister-in-law is about ready to sit down for the last few months of the pregnancy. She's carrying around a large child. He's probably gonna come out looking like a three-year old. Wish her luck guys & gals, she's going to need it. I'll keep you posted on whether he likes it or not...but hopefully he does.

I hung out with my dad for a few hours today before coming to work. We flipped through the channels and watched "The Frighteners" which is a great flick. However, we were watching it on AMC, so it was butchered all to Hell...and nothing made sense. I had to fill in the gaps to my dad...and then said, "You know what. I have the extended version at home, I'll just bring it by someday and you can watch this masterpiece in its entirety." This was one of the worst TV-butchered movies that I had ever seen. It's right up there with watching "Pulp Fiction" on KJZZ a few years back. I understand WHY television stations have to butcher for time and content...but I just don't feel that they should. It also makes me wonder how watching the late night horror flicks that they've been advertising would be. All the Halloweens, Friday the 13ths, the Ninth Gate, and other horror flicks that I've never seen...I wouldn't even bother watching them on AMC or whatever now. What'd be the point? The choppy and ridiculous plot would just be made even worse by cutting out the supplementary stuff, right? Oh well, enough about my boring day...and here's the news...

Baseball Season Not Yet Over - Even though Boston won the World Series last night, there's still round-the-clock coverage on baseball. Why? The Yankees are hiring a manager...and apparently it's Joe Girardi, a former catcher with the team instead of Don Mattingly. Say what you will, it's a good business decision because of Girardi's experience...but I can feel for Don Mattingly a little bit. As you know, I've asked before, "How can I get experience if you won't gimme a job?" Sorry Mr. Baseball, you're time will come soon. I suggest going to greener pastures anyway...like the Marlins. I hear they have an opening now.


Save the 'Shrooms - Of course, anything to do with Amsterdam makes my blog. Protesters turned out on Dam Square hoping to stop the government from banning Magic Mushrooms. About a hundred shroomers showed up carrying signs reading "Boss of your own Brain" and "When will they ban bread?" (I didn't get that one) and wearing toadstool shaped hats that they recently bought at a Halloween-time Super Mario nostalgia sale. It joins the trend of the ever-shrinking Amsterdam with the reduced Red Light District but honestly, they're just trying to make Amsterdam a better family-oriented location (because that's where the real money is at) and you can't hate on that. What I'm thinking is that they should make a New Amsterdam. Oh yeah, they already tried that...and eventually it became New York City. Then how about a NEW New Amsterdam? A place not so rich in history...but filthy rich with debauchery. Or how about I just get over there while the getting's good? I've never done mushrooms...nor do I ever really plan to...but I respect that these shroomers have the balls (and free time) to protest. I just don't think they're going to win. Nice hats though.

Well, that's really about it today, I think. Not in a big typing mood. I am really excited about tomorrow night though. Hopefully Box Girl comes through...and we can have a good ol' time together and see how it goes. Stranger things have happened. Anyway, wish me luck...and share some movie suggestions. Oh...and to answer your previous question, it looks something like this...



Have you ever wondered if protesters realize how ridiculous they look sometimes???

7 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

I think the obvious movie choice is Big Lebowski...and lots of white russians! Or maybe...Big Trouble in Little China. That movie is good no matter how many times you watch it.

$teve said...

Excellent suggestions!!! You know I'm down with the Big Lebowski...and I haven't seen Big Trouble in Little China in ages. I'm gonna have to check out Blockbuster in the morning. You're good at this thing, Pirate Monkey. By the way, have you met Monkey Angel? She's on yesterday's blog.

$teve said...

I think that's Warwick Davis in the bottom left corner. Anybody else?

JLee said...

That movie "The Frighteners" looks like a good choice for my Halloween movie watching tonight! What night is movie night? Did I miss it? Do I have to drink Jaeger bombs?? hah

$teve said...

Ah unfortunately movie night was last night. We actually ended up watching "Love Actually" (well, watched is a strong word because we basically drank with that as the background music...but that soundtrack is kickin').

Fear not J-Lee, for this may be a weekly occurence...when I'm in the country. Unfortunately, you have about three weeks for that to happen, so there's still time to bring those Caucasians (or Hispanics or Orientals or whatever kind of girls you like) here to Utah. :)

JLee said...

I meant the drink silly!

$teve said...

Why would you drink that? IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!!! PEOPLE!!! Though I'm sure it's delicious. That's a White Russian, right? Oh well, I'll just google it. I'm such a lightweight. :)

Where should I go next?