Sunday, June 1, 2008

Like Peas & Carrots

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, after blogging yesterday, I did decide to go hang out with my dad after watching a few episodes of the USA series "Burn Notice" with Jeffery Donovan, Bruce Campbell, and the eye candy Gabrielle Anwar. Nice show...about secret agents mostly...but yeah, lots of fun and coolness. I enjoy it. My dad's been keeping himself busy by building bookshelves for my stepmom, trimming hedges, fixing stuff around the house, and all that other stuff that just kind of pops up...but he's getting around great now. He's not even using a cane...but catches himself trying to jump up the stairs once in a while...and then immediately regrets it with the shooting pain up his leg. I'm glad that he's almost back to his old self (emphasis on old, bwahahahaaha). I think he starts going to work again in two weeks.

While there, I helped him with a few things (though he was mostly done by the time I got there) then we watched this movie that I had never heard of before...but was one of his & Grandpa Love's favorites called "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins..." that was On-Demand. Like I said, I had never heard of it, but it's about a NYPD officer (the great Fred Ward) who is thought to be dead...but is rather recruited by a secret agency (his boss is Wilfred Brimley) to be the "justice behind the scenes" and assassinate those evil people who make it through the justice system unscathed. He is taught martial arts by a Korean master (much like Grandpa Love was) and sets out to right wrongs. Honestly, it's a great show with mild action and a lot of smartass remarks from everybody...so it's worth a glance...especially if you have Comcast On-Demand. For example, the name Remo Williams...was found on the bottom of a bedpan. Oh...and Kate Mulgrew (Cpt. Janeway on "Star Trek Voyager") stars in it too.

We also watched one of my favorite movies of all time, "Forrest Gump" with Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, & Robin Wright-Penn. I'm sure that you've all seen this movie many, many times...and if not, what the heck? You should. It's the heartwarming tale of a lovable simple man named Forrest Gump (Hanks) who just goes through life the best way that he figures...and just being a decent guy full of love & luck touches the lives of so many others...including the love of his life, Jenny Curran (Penn). It's funny, inspirational, dramatic, beautiful, touching, and all the things that you look for in a good movie. Maybe it's just me...but it seems like everybody connects with Forrest in some way or another. Whether it's overcoming physical (or mental) obstacles, loving a woman of questionable reputation, luckily investing in fruit companies at the right time, starting our own business, or saving somebody's life...even if not in battle but just by being there for them. It's just a great movie that enjoy watching over & over again...and am usually satisfied because it's on TNT all the time. I'll have to do a Tom Hanks Movie List if I haven't already. I'll look into that. He's been in a lot of good ones.

We also ate some delicious Colosimo Red Wine Bratwursts...and then he asked me if I wanted his grill. I was confused. Apparently, Father's Day is two weeks from today...and he hinted that he wanted a new stainless steel grill with digital what-nots and saucepan heaters and all that stuff. So he offered to give me his grill when he gets that. Cool. I currently just use a Hamilton Beach knock-off George Foreman grill to cook for me...because I usually don't host huge barbecues...but that may change when I go down to Vegas, so we'll see.

JL Clyde invited me to a party hosted by her friend JoJo so I went to that...because it meant some drinks & some good times. It didn't disappoint. There was good music, good drinks, good conversation, and what may be one of my new favorite game shows coming to Fox called "What Am I On?" that we played with some of the colorful characters we met coming off Trax, the city's public transit system. The object of the game...is to guess what substance they are currently abusing...and it's a fun little game...and usually pretty easy too. Best part was...I wasn't the only person playing it before I mentioned it. Some other topics of discussion include...

"I think that Rihanna is a robot. I mean...she doesn't have anything on her body that can be constituted as a flaw...in every song of hers, she repeats some lyric like she's a record skipping at times...like Umbrella-ella-ella-ella-ella-ella. Have any of you seen the movie Simone (I think officially "S1m0ne" with Al Pacino)? It's just like that. She has to be a robot...or at the very least some kind of hologram."

Person #1: "Will you go mix me a drink?"
Person #2: "No."
P1: "I'll give you a blow job."
P2: "You will anyway."
P1: "Damn it, you're right."
$teve: "Sounds like you really need to cut back on the supply so it's actually worth something."
P1: "You know, you're right. I wonder how long BJs have been a form of currency..."
$teve: "Well, selling sex is the world's oldest profession...so I'm assuming that BJs are probably one of the oldest forms of currency...or rather bartering, I guess."
P1: "You're probably right."
$teve (in one of his usual random dialogues set in 10,000 BC): "Hey Gorak, can I have some of that Sabre-Toothed Tiger? Uga, what's in it for me? I give you blow job. Hmm, agreed...but I don't care if this is Sabre-Toothed Tiger, no teeth. Pretend I give you Duck, no teeth, just the bill."

Anyway, good times...then I went home and slept like a baby. Didn't really do much this morning except watch TV, do some dishes, talk to my mom, and then I got a text from Bubbles. She's been a little under the weather the past few days and has spent all weekend in bed...and not the good way unfortunately. So I tried to comfort her a little bit and focus on her trip next weekend to San Diego to see some of her family...and the ocean for the first time. I suggested that she check out my posts about San Diego a.k.a. Heaven (here's one, another, another, and the last one) to get her excited about it. I fully plan on making weekend trips down there every few months (making it my new Vegas?) when I move down to Vegas...because I like the ocean. It's soothing...as long as your not roasting in the sun. Good times...just a phone call away...hint hint.

Now I'm at work and have decided that if I haven't heard from Vegas by tomorrow, I'll give them a call and see what's up. I'm sure they're busy and all...but I just gotta know one way or the other what's going on. I hate waiting until it's a last minute kind of thing...and maybe they'll appreciate saving the long distance charges. Have a great day everybody...and I'll see ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Where should I go next?