Monday, June 23, 2008

The Weekend That Was

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Saturday, I was at work when I got a surprising offer from JL Clyde & Filly. Apparently, JL Clyde wasn't feeling well…and they had bought tickets to an Ani DiFranco concert at the downtown library…so they had an extra ticket. Now, I had heard great things about Ani DiFranco from them as well as Camb and basically any other lady that knows anything about music…but I really couldn't hum a tune or anything like that. In fact, if I were asked, "What kind of music does she do?" My response would be something along the lines of "Angry hippie chick folk music…but allegedly really good angry hippie chick folk music." So I was planning on going to the concert on short notice…because why not? Well, about a half-hour later, I get a call from Filly…and another one of her friends called her back…and was really excited about going to see the concert…so I said, "You can take them instead if you want. I'd rather a fan of her music go than somebody like me." It really was no big deal to me…and I'm sure that I made somebody's day…offering something that really wasn't even mine to begin with. So I was feeling pretty good from that.


About an hour later, a coworker of mine, Nate Dogg, comes up and has a bit of a problem. He's had to leave work a few times over the past few weeks because his son has been sick…and he had just received a call from his wife…so he needed to take his son to the hospital since he had the family's only car. But if he just up & left again, he may be fired…and he's a cool cat, great worker, and amazing asset to the company…just had a bad few weeks. So I see my opportunity to step in & help out. "Dude, don't worry about it. I'll take care of your hours…and you just get your son to hospital." "Really? Dude, thanks. I'll make it up to you. If you ever need hours picked up or anything, just let me know." Then it struck me, "You know, I may need somebody to help me move in a few weeks…and all my other friends are either petite girls or have bad backs." "Done. Just let me know when, man." "Sure…but first thing's first. Go home…and let me know if you need anything." "Thanks man." He's a cool cat…and I was glad to help him out. I just got a letter from his wife (via him) a few minutes ago thanking me…and his son is doing better. Karma's coming back around now…because now I have somebody to help me move…in my time of need. It's awesome how that stuff works.


After work, I decided to just head straight to my brother's house and hang out there…with his family, all three kids, my buddy Isaihia, his fiancĂ©, his two kids, and my 15-year old twin cousins C & T. It was a full house…but we had fun, watched a few movies, played in the sprinklers (oh yeah), and just had a good old fashioned summer funtime. Sunday was more of the same…but I wasn't feeling well all day…and my brother & sister-in-law decided to throw in some drama because they're both hormonal…but eventually I got out of there…and got to see the nieces & nephew in the meantime. I didn't take my good camera…but here are some cell phone pictures from the weekend.

Kelaudri feeding brother Vinny

For all my Battlestar Galactica fans...


About the time I got home, I got a text message from JL Clyde saying, "I just got rear ended!" I immediately called her, "So…was this a concentual rear ending?" "(Laugh) No, the non-sexy kind." "Oh, so the automotive variety? That sucks. Are you okay? Do you need a ride or anything?" "No, I'm okay. It wasn't that bad…just some scratches on my backside." (Confused, contemplative silence on my end) "Again, the non-sexy kind." "Oh okay. Well, glad you're okay. Drive home safe." After that, I just slept, woke up today, and basically am working on getting my car fixed up & ready for a move (tune-up, AC, new tires, etc.) and it's going to cost a pretty penny…but it could be worse. That'll be my project for the week…between work shifts…and preferably once the sun's down…because it gets hot midday. Anyway, that was my weekend. Hope yours was funner (it's a word).


Also, I found this cool website on Jlee's blog where you put in your birthday and it tells you all this stuff about your birthday. For example, I put mine in…and it comes up with stuff like…


Your date of conception was on or about 3 August 1980 which was a Sunday


You were born on a Sunday under the astrological sign Taurus.


Your Native American Zodiac sign is Beaver (tehehee); your plant is Wild Lover…er, Clover.


Your Life path number is 4 - which upon further investigation means "The Life Path 4 suggests that you entered this plane with a natural genius for planning, fixing, building, and somehow, with practical application and cerebral excellence, making things work. You are one of the most trustworthy, practical, and down-to-earth of individuals; the cornerstone members of society. if you are among these highly talented people, you have an idealistic nature which is grounded in practical terms, allowing you to conceive grandiose, far-reaching schemes and carry them through to the end. If you desire and are willing to work for it, you can achieve enormous success, prestige, and fame. You have the kind of will power that is often mistaken for sheer stubbornness. You don't think of yourself as dogged, but your honest beliefs and that ever direct speech makes you come across as completely unremitting. Loyal and devoted, you make the best of your marriage, and you are always the good provider. Friends may be few in number, but you are very close to them and once friendships are made, they often last a lifetime. The negative side of the 4 can prove dogmatic to an excess, narrow-minded, and repressive. A lot of skin-deep people turn you off, and you lack the tact to keep your feelings from being totally clear to all around. Additionally, the negative 4 has a bad tendency to get caught up in the daily routine of affairs, missing the big picture and major opportunities that come along once in a while." So yeah…but there's also other cool stuff like…


Your birthday in a half dozen other calendars like Hebrew, Mayan, and Islamic.


I was also born on the Orthodox Easter that year. Not sure what that means…probably nothing


As of 6/23/2008 6:33:47 PM EDT
You are 27 years old.
You are 326 months old.
You are 1,417 weeks old.
You are 9,920 days old.
You are 238,098 hours old.
You are 14,285,913 minutes old.
You are 857,154,827 seconds old.
Coolest thing from that, my 10.000th day will be on September 11th this year.


Your birthstone is Diamond
The Mystical properties of Diamond - Diamonds are said to increase personal clarity to help one see things clearly as well as be straight-forward and honest. Supposedly, the higher quality the diamond, the better it is supports these qualities.


Your birth tree is the Walnut Tree, the Passion
Unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts, often egoistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromises.


So yeah, a bunch of stuff…please feel free to check out the link and check out your information. Let me know what ya think. Anyway, that's gonna do it for today. Gotta get back to work. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where should I go next?