Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

So yesterday, I received a text message from my sister-in-law saying "Grant me the strength not to kill your brother!" So I responded the only way that I could, "KAZAAAM!!! There, it has been done. What's up with you guys today?" Apparently my brother was sick yesterday...so she didn't go to school & was home watching the kids (because they don't want sick kids too) and my brother, while playing video games, allegedly yelled at her because while she was vacuuming, a baby gate was opened, and Kairi pretty much tore it from the wall. You know, stupid stuff, right? Now, I'll be the last person to argue that my brother is not an asshole. In fact, when he's not being one, I question whether he's some kind of cyborg from the future...or wonder what the hell he wants now. So I just reassured her that she's a great mother, we all know it, he's just feeling horrible and taking it out on you, Kairi's almost the Terrible Two now, and if she needed somebody to talk to...I'm here all day. She thanked me and I'm assuming had a better day.

I also got a text message from Randy Randy that said he read the trailer for a new book in his book club that said, "A femmebot is humanity's last chance to live again" and thought of me. Apparently, he reads the blog. I wasn't able to find out the book online...but it's probably the first time that somebody did anything involving books...and thought of me.


Yesterday, I also watched one of my favorite bad movies of all time - "Starship Troopers" with Denise Richards, Neil Patrick Harris, Casper Van Dien, Jake Busey, and Dina Meyer (so hot). Why do I like this movie so damn much? I mean, it's got all the teenage drama of 90210, the patriotism of a Navy commercial, some of the greatest corny news clips ever (Would you like to know more?), a higher visible body count than I believe any movie ever made, Doogie, and a plot that just seems absolutely ridiculous. I mean...when the movie starts with a news clip about bugs hurling meteors at Earth from the other side of the galaxy, then you know there's going to be some disbelief involved. Oh...and the bugs don't really eat, just rip people apart...and there are some with flamethrowers...and others that blast gigantic plasma charges out of their anus...and not to be a bit of a spoiler...but there are some that literally suck the brains out of people's skulls...and gain their knowledge by doing so. However, I still watch this movie. I happen to know that it's one of my brother's favorites too. What are your feelings on this movie?


I also got to thinking...have I seen anything else that Dina Meyer has been in since "Starship Troopers" (I did mention that she was hot, right? Moreso than Denise Richards...and that's saying a lot). I remember her in "Dragonheart" because it was a bitchin' movie with a hot redhead and she was Kerry the Jigsaw Killer expert in the "Saw" movies. Other than that, a bunch of TV and straight to DVD stuff mostly...including a "Wild Things: Diamonds in the Rough" that can ONLY mean nudity. She's also apparently in a recently finished thriller called "The Lost" with Lacey Chabert and Armand Assante. I have no idea what it's about...but I wouldn't mind getting lost with Dina & Lacey.


Junior gets 600 - Back when I kinda gave a damn about baseball (long long time ago), my favorite player was Ken Griffey jr, then with the Seattle Mariners (went to a game as a kid and he hit a homer). He was an amazing player...and was supposed to be the guy that broke Hank Aaron's records and all of that. Then he decided to take a big contract to play for his hometeam the Cincinatti Reds...and then he unfortunately was injured for the next decade or so. He's a great guy, never involved with any of that steroid stuff, his dad played in the big leagues, Willie Mays is his Godfather, even when the Reds fans started to kind of turn on him for being injured all the time, he took all the responsibility on himself. I'm glad that he finally became the 6th player in MLB history to get 600 homers...and I can only imagine how many he would have if he hadn't been injured all the time. Congratulations Junior!!!


Vinny Del Negro is a New Coach - Former Spurs guard Vinny Del Negro (or Vinny the Black as I called him for many years) is the new head coach of the Chicago Bulls. He played college ball at NC State under coach Jim Valvano, then in the NBA for twelve years and five teams (including Spurs before the championships), and has been in the Phoenix Suns front office the past two years. Now he gets to take over the Bulls, who have a lot of young talent and the top pick in the NBA draft. Also this week, former Blazers guard Terry Porter was hired as coach of the Suns & former Pistons center Michael Curry has been hired as the Pistons new head coach. I wish you guys all the best of luck...but more to Vinny the Black...because he was a Spur. That's how I roll. Still confused why Avery Johnson doesn't have a coaching job yet. It's not his fault the Mavericks blew it.


Leo to Play Chuck E. Cheese - Paramount Pictures announced that they've picked up the rights to a biopic called "Atari" about Nolan Bushnell, one of the founding fathers of video games. He cofounded Atari in 1972, made arcade games, home counsels, computers, invented Pong, and started Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Time Theatre. Leonardo DiCaprio is producing and starring...once he's done with Scorsese's latest "Shutter Island." This should be an interesting movie...then again, maybe not.


Panda Update - Dreamworks new release "Kung Fu Panda" grossed over $60 million.its opening weekend which was a little less than I expected...but then again, it was going against the box office gold that is Adam Sandler with "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" getting almost $40 million. Apparently, it was the 3rd largest opening so far this year behind "Iron Man" and the new Indiana Jones movie. Why didn't I see it over the weekend? Because I promised somebody that I'd watch it with them...and the timing just isn't right. I can wait. Besides, if I wanted to see Angelina Jolie in a CGI film, I'll just watch "Beowulf" again...gladly. SKADOOSH!!!


Well, that'll about do it. Still no word this early from Vegas but we shall see. I'm going back to work for the first time in over a week...without a real vacation...except maybe that trip to my brother's. It's odd...but I really just haven't been in the mood anyway...and I took the past week off expecting to move anyway. Oh well, it's been relaxing and I've been able to get errands done. Have a great day everybody!!! Congratulations again to Ken Griffey, jr!!!

6 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

Hey, thought I'd stop by and check it out. I'm appalled by this whole Kung Fu Panda craze - I'm a Hong Kong Phooey kind of gal.

$teve said...

Awesome!!! Thanks for stopping by. I just like Pandas...and Hong Kong Phooey is number one superguy. Still waiting for that movie...with a crossover of CAPTAAAAAIN CAAAAVEMAAAAAAAN!!!

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I think Leo & Martin S. might have something going on, you know?

$teve said...

As you may know, Milla Jovovich is my inspiration to become a director. Because she's pretty open about the whole "If you're the director, I'll bang ya...and be engaged to you if you give me consistent work...and eventually bear your child." Leo & Martin are just a little more subtle about it. You can't knock it.

JLee said...

SKadoooosh! haha
I think Dina Meyer is underrated. I always thought she was a good actress and gorgeous as well, but always ended up in some lame movies. Why is that? Points to ponder...

$teve said...

Poor girl probably has standards...and won't do certain things just to be in a movie. It's a shame...because I feel like the world is missing out on her if all she can do now that she's 40 is Saw flicks. They'll probably stop making those after about a dozen or so. :)

Where should I go next?