Saturday, April 19, 2008

GET TO THE CHOPPAH!!!

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I stopped by work to pick up my paycheck…and they were having a Yearbook Day, you know, from last day of high school. They made up these little picture books from the last few years and had people signing them and li'l sandwiches and stuff. It was…awkward, to say the least…but they gave us sandwiches so I stuck around for a few minutes and talked to the ladies. You know I can't say no to that. I even signed a few yearbooks - "Stay cool! See ya after summer…or at the bar. $teve" because I'm too cool for school. Anyway, after that, I headed to my dad's to hang out for the day.

We talked about Vegas and how much fun it's going to be…and he's really progressing with his leg. He'll probably be completely mobile again in the next few weeks, just in time for a Vegas adventure for just the two of us. It's the first time that just him & I have been on vacation together. Can't wait. After that, we watched "Alien vs. Predator: Requiem" because he hadn't seen it…and I could watch it again. Since I've already told you about the movie before, here's an example of the dialogue that goes on between us during "Drama parts" of the movie.

$teve: Why do they always turn around slowly…and then stand there stunned for a few seconds so that the alien can kill them? I understand that it's unusual…but that's more reason to instantly spring into jumping back or rolling away and firing the machine gun under your arm.
Dad: No kidding. You gotta keep your head on a swivel in that situation. Especially when they sneak up on ya. Want some Snickers, dude?
$teve: No thanks.
Dad: Butterfingers?
$teve: Nope, I'm good.
Dad: Pretzels? Cheetos?
$teve: We just had pizza. I'm good for a minute.
Dad: Scooby Snacks?
$teve: (Pause) Maybe a few.

After that, I helped him with stuff around the house like replacing power outlets downstairs and moving some end tables, then headed to the store to pick up prescription and grab heavier grocery items that he couldn't really get solo. Then we watched a movie that neither of us had seen in a while, "Broken Arrow" with John Travolta & Christian Slater. For those who haven't seen it, it's about two air force captains who are out flying a Stealth bomber on a training mission, then the elder (Travolta) sets out with a plan to steal the two nuclear warheads on the plane, so stages a crash in the picturesque Utah wastelands…and knows all the protocols to buy him some time to make off with the weapons and get a lot of money. The only people that can stop him are the other pilot (Slater) and the world's sexiest park ranger (Samantha Mathis). It's pretty cool…and Travolta as a bad guy is always fun to watch. I would highly recommend it to anybody who likes action films…but in that case, you've probably already seen it.

Around 8 PM, I went back home to meet up with JL Clyde to nerd out by watching another five or six episodes of "Battlestar Galactica" season three. Apparently, I'm entertaining to watch this show with…because I make wiseass remarks during all the dramatic parts to keep myself interested…and I make jokes about Admiral Adama's (Edward James Olmos) mother being an orange…and there are sexy robots…and I can control them through the power of Delusion. She also loaned me her "Planet of the Apes" movie collection...which will be awesome...because I love those shows...and there's even a few that I don't recall seeing before. Awesome!!! Thanks Miss Clyde!!!

This morning has been a little hectic at work…because it's our first day of a lot of new stuff…and there's an adjustment period with all the various programs and staffing and procedures. Really glad that I was the first one to experience it though. At least I have some experience over the trainees and knew who to call and stuff like that…and the other workers won't give me a hard time about it…because I'll tell them to suckiteasy. Okay, maybe not that bad…but they respect me for some reason. Probably the towering height and surprising quickness and agility. Anyway, that's been me the past 24 hours or so. Not a whole lot going on, but I'm having fun. Who knows what I'm going to be doing tonight? Tomorrow, I may go see mom or my brother's family…since I have to be in the area Monday for my physical. That should be fun. Oh…and happy birthday to my buddy Russ!!! I don't think he reads the blog or anything…but still, happy birthday playa. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

2 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

my pleasure. happy to help enable a fellow geek. :)

$teve said...

No no, the pleasure was all mine...and Dr. Gaius apparently. :)

Where should I go next?