Friday, April 18, 2008

I Found Search

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

A few days ago, I found this cool little thing on my Blogger Settings called Search. Little did I realize that it was also located in the top-left corner of the title bar on the blog itself. Messing around with it, I found it most helpful in finding past blogs that I didn't have a category or anything for…like "Oh man, I know I wrote something about 'Lars & the Real Girl' but I have a few hundred movie postings. If only there was a…wait, maybe that Search thing can help me." Alas, it did. Then I started to wonder…as I usually do…how often certain words or phrases or more importantly people are mentioned in my blog. So…I played around with it…and here's what I found from my first 287 postings…and how many entries contained these words.

People
$teve - 90
Mom - 88
Bubbles - 85
Dad - 72
Wingman - 51
Jesus - 47
Mad Scientist - 40
Mookie - 39
Foxy / Box Girl - 38
JL Clyde - 36
Adriana - 28
Kairi (my niece) - 27
Angelina - 19
Elvis - 17
Milla - 17
Spitsofrantic - 17
Kiel (my brother) - 16
Vinny (my nephew) - 16
Lindsay - 15

Conclusions - Seriously, I didn't really think that I said Jesus that much…but look who's above Him. My Wingman, my parents, my hot friend Bubbles, and myself in the third person. I also thought it was interesting that my brother's mentioned as many times as my nephew…who has been around for three months.

Places
Utah - 85
Vegas - 66
Slick City - 33
Europe - 31
Texas - 31
San Diego - 22
New Orleans - 22
St. Louis - 18
Memphis - 13
Seattle - 12
Amsterdam - 10

Conclusions - Surprise, surprise. Vegas is right behind Utah.

Interests
Love - 210
Family - 141
Basketball - 78
Dreams - 72
Sex - 71
Peace - 59
Chicken - 50
Panda - 34
Cookie - 34
Breasts - 21
Bacon - 20
Sexbots - 14
Pancakes - 14

Conclusions - Basketball more than Sex? That can't be right. I thought Sexbots would be up there with Dreams too…but alas. Feel free to check for your own blogs…and let me know if you find anything interesting…or if you have suggestions for words to look up on mine, I'd be happy to check it out. Maybe I forgot something really important. It happens...especially early morning.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that finding with you. Now I'm going to stop by work to pick up my check, hang with my dad for a few hours, then nerd out watching Battlestar Galactica with JL Clyde. You're all invited of course. Simply call me up…and I'll be sure to have an ice-cold beer ready for you. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

6 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

only 36 times? really? should i feel insulted?

Girl In A Gi said...

21 hits for 'breasts'? Seems low...less than 'chicken'? You should be a little ashamed. On a similar note, my blog gets hits a lot for the search words 'monkey pees herself'...I may have lost my respect for mankind.

$teve said...

I know. I'm a little ashamed...but I'm sure that if I put all the variations in there (Chesticles, fun bags, McGuppies, milk jugs, baby pillows, handfuls, etc.) that they would AT LEAST be up there with chicken. I mean...they're both just so delicious. :)

$teve said...

Thought of another good one.

Alleged(ly) is in 56 posts.

JLee said...

I'm laughing that bacon and breasts almost tied! ahah
I should try this...

$teve said...

Dreams & sex were close too. Sexbots & pancakes were tied. I must really like pancakes. :)

Where should I go next?