Thursday, April 3, 2008

Big & Long Excuses for Sin City

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, today I'm kind of planning to spend my midweek weekend in the following manner. I'm gonna do some laundry in the morning...because it has to be done. Then I'm going to hang out with my dad for a few hours...and probably watch a funny movie like "Superbad" or "Knocked Up" or something. After that, I'm going to head up to my mom's for the night because she's babysitting Kairi & Vinny so I can hang out with them for a day or so...because I love them all madly. Not a bad way to spend the day, huh? Yesterday at work wasn't bad at all. Kind of a mellow day to say the least...just long. They gave us good, complimentary hamburgers for lunch...so you can't hate on that.

Last night, my mom sent me an email saying that she had caught up on my blog (been out of town for a week & it's how she hears all the juicy details or my everyday shenanigans) and expressed her opinion that my dream the other day (the one with the rattlesnakes, hot bartender, and being stabbed in the chest) might be a sign that I may wanna reconsider a move to Vegas (perhaps it's the snake pit bar...and Utah's the furry critter shop...and she doesn't want me getting involved with that bartender) which I can understand. She knows that I've had warning dreams like this before...and she was just making sure that I was noticing that. Her suggestion - Don't go unless the right job comes along, watch who you hang out with, go back to school & finish up your Business Management degree (apparently degrees in Marketing Management & General Studies isn't enough), school will motivate me to play more basketball and meet girls outside of work, you know, typical mom stuff. Gotta love her.

I also received another email about an hour later from Mrs. Wingman. I would like to share it with you at this time...and feel free to let me know what you think.


$teve,

So I admit that I have not sat down and read your blog word for word for a while now. I look at it, skim it over, laugh at the things that I find funny, just about everything :). But I just read your Gloomy Gus Days. Let me tell you That was the best thing that I have read all year!!! I know that I should not be happy about you having a bad day, but it's nice to know that your normal... I have lots to say, but where to start?? I don't think I will... It will just bring it all up again, and that is not sending out the positive thoughts (Ssssh, it's the Secret). So next year when you have that Gloomy Day... Please call me. I call you all the time and you always listen to me. And would you know I think I'm a good listener? I would love to listen, and put my two cents in (and yes...it's only two cents) You never know it may help...

OK as for the move..... I am ALL FOR IT!!! I think you should. I'm thinking L.V. Why? Well let me tell you...

******PROS******
- You are only 2 hrs away from us, you know, Wingman and his wife...Someday I hope to have my own name :)
- You are only 2 hrs from a free room or a free meal on your travels to see your family
- You are only 2 hrs from the mountains
- You are only 2 hrs from all the wonderful things to do in Southern Utah
- You are only 2 hrs from Zions, Red Rock, Moab, hiking, Lake Powell, Flaming George, Lake Mead
- You are only 2 hrs from a quiet place when the big city is just too much (Please make sure we don't have all 5 kids)
- You are only 2 hrs away if Mrs. Wingman is going to kill someone..Not you...NEVER
- You are only 2 hrs away if the Wingman's need to get away
- You are only 4 hrs from Heaven... You know where 300+ days a year you can go recruit talent for the movie
- You are only 4 hrs from all the skimpy outfits (unless your on Blacks Beach, then there is more skimpy and less outfit)
- You are living in a place where making your movie will actually be legal
- You are only 2 hrs away from a small town...with a lot of hot girls...that need to pay for college.. aka- cheap talent for the movie
- You are only 2 hrs from a safe place to escape from all the hot girls that will be all over you (Trust me you'll need a break)
- Your living in the city that never sleeps. This should help get you in the swing of things
- Wingman says "Don't forget the shows...ALL the shows!!!"
- Your mom will have a place to stay or eat for free on her travels to see you
- Your friends will want to come visit you more

- We live 2 hrs from Mr. Wingman's Wingman...you
- We live 2 hrs from you if something should happen and you need family (good or bad)
- We live 2 hrs from the city that never sleeps (remember we live in a small town)
- We live 2 hrs from a warm bed and a cold drink
- We live 2 hrs from a free room or meal when we travel South
- You're on the way, you know when the Wingman's are on the way to Heaven with an empty seat ;)
- If we both meet in the middle... I know a great place that we can have an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet for about $17.00 on Fri and Sat. (This will be a must!!)

Well I think that is all the pros I can think of at this time. I'll let you know if I think of any more.

*****cons*****
- You'll miss the mountains (Please see pros)
- You'll miss all your friends (Again please see pros list)
- You'll miss your family (I think you know the drill... see pros)

That is all the cons I have for you. If I think of any more... I'll be sure to keep them to myself ;)

Well, Mr. Wingman will be doing Round 2 of Chemo sometime next week. If it is
like what people are telling me, it will be harder then the first one. If this is so, you'll need to leave your phone on at all times, and make sure that is has a full charge. Please and Thank you! I hope that this was helpful for you. Please know that whatever you do.. We, the Wingman's will be here for you. And keep in mind that you'll be moving after Scott has had Chemo... so he will be feeling better. I'll send him to help with all the moving. Can I hear a Whoop Whoop for the strong back and lots of good times? Well I'll send him to help you pack... The unpacking is up to you. That is unless you stop and pick me up to help. He is not going without me...but I promise to let him go see all the "Shows" with you.

Talk to you soon,
Mrs. Wingman

P.S. Please feel free to put this in your blog. I know, I know it's kind of big and kind of long, but Mr. Wingman said you have experience with this kind of challenge. ;)


After reading this message, my eyes were welling up. Both from knowing that I have great friends and that it's absolutely hilarious at the same time. You guys know that any time that I'm able to help you out...especially if it's something simple like lending a sympathetic ear, it's my pleasure if it makes you feel better. Also, please take note of how they addressed each of MY pros & cons...and it was presented in a simple way, along with smaller text for the ***cons*** to signify unimportance. They must know that I'm a marketing major...and know how to work their audience. I'm surprised that I didn't see a "Adriana Lima knows where Vegas is, not Slick City" or something like that...but they did mention hot girls a few times.

That's just how I roll. I thanked Mrs. Wingman for the kind words...and she basically told me how much she values my friendship, considers me family, and all this other stuff that was just about to make me break down & cry...but being a man, I said thank you and the feeling is mutual and all that macho stuff and ended it off with a joke (Such a putz, I know).

So each day it seems more and more like I may very well be considering a move to Sin City...but still just waiting to stumble upon that great job out there. In the meantime, I'm going to pray for the wealth & health of my friends & family, spend time with them whenever I can, and help them out in their time of need...because that's what friends & family are for. Thank you everybody for your feedback over the last few weeks about this possible adventure...and for your Love & friendship over the years. You guys & gals rock...hard core!!! Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Where should I go next?