Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kiddie Pictures in This One

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier…but we're moving stuff around at my work…which means that I was moving stuff around…even though it's not in my job description…but whatever. Silly me, I worked out before going to work thinking that I was going to sit on my ass all day…and then spent the next five hours moving boxes, carrying plants, rolling chairs, and whatever else needed to be done to the new building across the street and up the stairs to our area. Really a great workout…and I'm not afraid to say…that I'm starting to look a little ripped…and feeling healthier. Anyway, enough about all that stuff…we'll wait until I talk about my physical yesterday…but the journey begins…back on Sunday.


After posting and jogging a bit, I called up my mom to see what she was up to. She had my niece Kairi and my nephew Vinny…and wanted to see her eldest son…so I went up to see them. We didn't do a whole lot except talk about stuff while the babies slept and play with them when they were awake…but it was a lot of fun…and relaxing which I really needed given the past few days at work. Here are some pictures…

"Where's your nose, sweetie?"
She really likes to play with Thing
Vinny gives his cool, dramatic look
How gangsta is Vinny?
He's already tatted up!!!
...and is an honorary Ninja Turtle
To Kairi for a walk to the backyard to see the creek

Monday morning, I apparently convinced my mom to play hooky and call in sick from work…and she made me some eggs and white chocolate covered strawberries for breakfast…because she rocks. We talked more about Vegas and the process of moving when/if it occurs. She's getting really excited about it too…but I think it's because I'm getting really excited about it…and she knows that I've thought it through thoroughly. She also knows that of all the places to move away to, that's the best for me because the Wingmans are real close and her crazy ass friend Cassandra lives in Vegas…though I may not be hanging out with her…but she's a good emergency contact. Anyway, then she read my blog for a while…which was really weird because I was right there with her…but I explained to her jokes that she didn't get…and how my entry titles usually have little to nothing to do with the content. They're usually just lines from movies that I saw recently. Then I went into town for my physical.


I arrived early…because it was at a hospital that I hadn't been to since my accident over a decade ago…so I wasn't really familiar with the layout…or even sure of the doctor's name (left my notes at home). Anyway, fast forward through the waiting room to the checkup. Doc was probably in his late twenties and seemed like he'd be the guy banging Dr. Reed if he were on Scrubs. We went through the initial questions, then family history…and I felt like a bit of an idiot because a few of my grandparents had died of cancer…but when he asked me what kind, I honestly had no idea. I was just a kid and didn't really ask. "Are you sexually active?" "(Chuckle a little bit) Not as often as I'd like, Doc." "(Chuckle) Well, do you think that you're at risk for STDs, HIV, anything like that?" "No, I wash my hands pretty regularly." "(Laughed out loud) Come on, man. I'm trying to be serious here." "I wish I was joking. No, that shouldn't be necessary." "Okay, you mentioned that you had a few moles removed when you were a kid. Have you noticed any abnormal growths or anything like that?" "Geez, if I noticed an abnormal growth, I would have bugged you a long time ago."


Basically, he ran the tests like the ear temperature, listened to me take a few breaths, blood pressure, all that stuff…and long story short, he said that I appear to be EXTREMELY healthy in his opinion…and the only thing that he suggested was having, what I think was called a "Fasting Lipid Test" to check for cholesterol or something (high blood pressure in family tree) and to just let him know if anything out of the ordinary happens. I had eaten eggs for breakfast so we couldn't do it...but he wrote me a prescription for one. It was pretty simple…but I really wasn't expecting much. I don't smoke or do drugs, drink occasionally, have sex rarely with others, eat a moderate amount, too antsy to be completely inactive, sleep well (now that I'm out of school), am pretty much worry-free, and have a positive mental attitude. Really not at-risk for anything like that…but we'll see.


After the appointment, I went to my brother's and hung out with him, my sister-in-law, and their kids. It was pretty laid back. We played some Rock Band, watched "AVP: Requiem" and they gave me a birthday present…a Scarface USB Lamp for my Laptop area.



By the way, people have been asking me what I want for my birthday…and though I mentioned a few things last week, I really don't need any presents. Especially since there's a whole fiasco with delivering Size 14 shoes that I already ordered (one of the presents mentioned). The UPS guy doesn't knock or ring the doorbell, just sticks a note on the door. Yeah, good times. I already have so much "stuff" and I'd really you rather donate to a worthwhile charity or something rather than waste a few bucks on li'l old me. That's right, I said old…but I also said Li'l…and we know that ain't true either. Heck, I've got Friday & Saturday off…and my mom may be coming to town…and we may be going to the Zoo for my birthday. I'm a simple man with simple needs. Smiles, shelter, hugs, hand jobs, food, not that complicated. Anyway, just typed most of this up in the half-hour that I haven't been doing heavy lifting and various other projects for managers here. Man, I can't wait for my interview with Vegas…but more on that when it comes around.


Maybe I'll be more entertaining tomorrow…but then again, it'll be busy busy busy at work again, so we'll see. I'm going to get a haircut tomorrow morning, so that's good. Really could've used it today…but it's dead sexy. Just taking a few inches off so it doesn't cover my eyes and my neck. That'll be quite refreshing. Sorry ladies. Have a great day!!! Drop a line if you get bored.

2 comments:

JLee said...

Great photos...your niece and nephew are too precious!! Little darlings...
I love the Scarface lamp. Quite a conversation piece. haha

$teve said...

Thanks. They are little cuties...but they'll grow up one day. They always do. :)

Where should I go next?