Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Double Bubble, Toil & Trouble

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Do you like these Rockin' Tatas? If yes (and even if not for some reason), they are what I would like for my birthday present. No, not those specific ones (though it would be nice) but rather, I want to keep them...and others like them safe. That is...as you may know, I am a strong advocate for Breast Cancer research...because in my opinion, the more the merrier...and let's keep them healthier. Please click on this link and donate what you can for the Susan G. Komen Race and loyal blog reader and fellow Eagles & Elvis fan Bone Junior's team. Feel free to tell them that $teve likes your rockin' tatas. I already did. That would really make my birthday something special. Thank you all!!!


Last night, I watched "Macbeth" starring Sam Worthington (the alleged lead actor in the stalled, yet possibly forthcoming "Terminator" movie). It's an updated version of the Shakespeare classic...with the original words of the Bard...and machine guns and stuff like that. There's occasional nudity to keep you interested during some of the word-heavy parts...but of course all the classic lines are in there. Having read this play repeatedly in high school, I remembered a surprising amount of it. However, I'm going to warn all the high school kids out there about a little something that I've found...during your senior year, you'll have the option to pick English 12 or AP Literature. What's the difference? If you pick AP Literature, like I did, you may not be able to write a resume for a good job...but you'll understand "King Lear" which means...really absolutely nothing other than to impress the ladies...but only those at the Shakespearean Festival. The choice is yours. Anyway, the movie was pretty good (though I think the camera man was drunk most of the time) and I'd recommend it for anybody who likes movies like Tal Bachman's "Romeo & Juliet" or those "Hamlet" remakes and stuff like that. "Macduff was from his mother's womb untimely ripped!!!" SCHANK!!! Classic.


This morning, I got my haircut. I lost about three pounds with that...but just in time for my hair to disappear, the weather has dropped a good twenty degrees and it looks like it's going to rain. Perfect. Oh well, it'll grow back in a few weeks...just in time for the triple digit temperatures. After that, ran some more errands...and now I'm asking you all to donate to breast cancer for my birthday present. That's really about it for today. Have a great day everybody...and remember...save the Rockin' Tatas!!!

7 comments:

Bone Junior said...

You are AWESOME!!! Thanks in advance for all the support!

$teve said...

It's my pleasure. Always looking for a worthy cause. Thanks for raising money to Save the Tatas.

Bone Junior said...

My next fund raiser will be to enlarge the ta ta's.

$teve said...

No need. Yours are magnificent. Don't change a thing. :)

JLee said...

This is so near and dear to me since my mom died of breast cancer at 50 and I had my own scare (and scar) last year. I am ok thank God, but so many women are affected by this, it is my #1 charity!

$teve said...

I'm sorry for your loss...but glad that you made it out okay. :) See? Giving to charity for birthdays, Christmas, even Valentine's Day just makes so much more sense to me. I don't know, I'm a bit of a weirdo, I guess. :)

Bone Junior said...

Jlee - I'm with you - this cause is very important to me. I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was ten; she was 45, and I've had a few scares myself. Thank you for your support!

Where should I go next?