Tuesday, April 8, 2008

There Will Be Love

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Today I woke up a little early, did some cleaning around the house, then jogged up to my local Blockbuster to get some rentals & groceries nearby, then jogged back & drove to my dad's to hang out with him. We started watching a movie…but were gladly interrupted by his super hot therapist…and by super hot, I mean SUPER hot…and a sweetheart…but she has a fiancĂ©…so I kept my charm to a minimum. The three of us talked about this & that while my dad did his exercises (which he does 3 times a day anyway, so it was no big deal). Good times…and really good eye candy. My dad had told me about her…but apparently I just missed her last time I went over.


Anyway, after that we continued watching "There Will Be Blood" starring Daniel Day-Lewis, who won the Oscar for Best Actor for this movie…and deservingly so. It was an intense movie where I honestly didn't really know what was going to happen at any given time…because his character is really calm, cool, & collected at some points…but then bring up his son or try to screw him over…and he snaps. From the same director as "Boogie Nights", "Magnolia", and "Punch Drunk Love", Paul Thomas Anderson, it's really intense. That's why it's rated R…oh, and there will be a little blood…but not as much as the name would imply. Definitely check it out if you like dramas. Here's the news...


Basketball Hall of Fame Inductees - I'd like to congratulate the 2008 class of inductees…including broadcaster Dick Vitale (you know, the "Awesome, Baby!" guy from the Hooters commercials), coach Pat Riley (who has a few championship rings…but is currently coach of the NBA's worst team), Knicks legend Patrick Ewing & Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon, former Jazz player Adrian Dantley (probably most underrated player of all time, glad to see him in the Hall), Detroit Pistons & Shock owner William Davidson, and former women's coach Cathy Rush. I didn't know who she was at all…but apparently she won three AIAW championships at Immaculuta University from 1972 to 1974 with a record of 149-15 over seven seasons coaching. Incredible. Anyway, congratulations…and who knows, maybe I'll join you some day. Fingers crossed.


Olympics Get More Publicity - Why is it that everything that I see and read about the Olympics is supremely negative? First off, it was that China was a polluted wasteland that nobody should be allowed to live in. Then it was that the venues weren't going to be built in time. Then it was the need for Western toilets instead of the hole in the ground. Then it was a boycott because of Human Rights issues…and that was before fighting broke out in Tibet again. Now, the Olympic torch is being attacked by protestors in Paris. Now, I do think that China's stance on oppression is deplorable…but then again, the IOC gave the stamp of approval six years ago when they said that they could host the Olympics in a communist country. (Yes, I'm purposely forgetting that Hitler hosted an Olympics in 1936…and Moscow has hosted a few, right?) Do I think that people should be trying to extinguish the Olympic Torch under the Eiffel Tower? Of course not. Protest…and be done with it. You've said your piece. Do I think that the US and other nations should boycott the games in protest of Tibet? I wouldn't be opposed to it. Frankly, when I think of the Olympics, I think of nations sending their finest athletes to one venue…to see who can hurl a lead ball the furthest, play a better game of basketball, what nation can dance on ice the best, and judge who gets the Dr. Love World's Sexiest Athlete Gold Medal. The winner in Athens was American swimmer Amanda Beard…and she's strong in the running this year. Just look at those eyes...and the body isn't bad either. I haven't seen a Dolphin kick like that since Jessica Alba went "Into the Blue" but yeah, could look at those eyes for hours...then think about the Playboy she was in. HOT!!!



Johnny 5 is Alive…Again - Dimension Films has acquired the rights to remake the 1986 classic "Short Circuit" about a sophisticated robot weapon developed by the government, who gets zapped by lightning, develops a consciousness, escapes the compound, and then hooks up with his designer Steve Guttenberg & hottie Ally Sheedy as the government hunts him down to destroy him. This was one of my favorite movies growing up…so I'd probably check out a remake. Who to cast in the remake? I'm thinking…Jack Black as the designer…with Kal Penn as the other designer…and for the hottie who stumbles upon Johnny 5, how about Scarlett Johannsen? Can't go wrong there…but she may be a little out of the budget. In that case, Maria Bello. The Mad Scientist & I agree. She's a great second choice actress…and frankly, a fox. She's got chops in comedy too with "Thank You for Smoking" so it's not a huge stretch. Can't wait for the remake now. Who can forget timeless lines like "STAT!!!", "Need input", "Today gentlemen, today!!!" and "Your mother was a snow blower!"?


McConaughey, P.I. - Speaking of 80's remakes, everybody's favorite Southern boy Matthew McConaughey has apparently been offered the role of Thomas Magnum, P.I. Of course, Tom Selleck was famous for his portrayal of this character with the bold moustache, bold chest hair, and even bolder Hawaiian shirts…but for somebody to take that same 80's machismo and translate it into 2008, I guess McConaughey's not a bad choice. Who else could pull it off? George Clooney with a moustache? Gary Oldman? Okay, so Gary Oldman could…but apparently he's not the same kind of eye candy to the ladies. We'll see. Wonder who'll play Higgins? Probably Kate Hudson.


Well, that'll do it for me tonight. Have a great night everybody!!!

2 comments:

JLee said...

I still have not seen "There will be Blood" May have to rent it this weekend.
Man, I wish my dad had a hot physical therapist because maybe he would actually do some physical therapy!

$teve said...

I would highly recommend both. I honestly think that he tries to show off for her...but it's all good, as long as he's safe. I'd do the exact same thing...and throw in an occasional "Oops! It fell out again. I should switch to tighty whiteys."

Where should I go next?