Sunday, March 30, 2008

Saturday Blaze & Gloomy Gus Days

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Yesterday, I did very little before meeting up with Bubbles and her new car Sylvie (name still in debate…but I like it). She had spent the day at the dealership and was very happy with her purchase…as she should be because it's a great car. She was in town for a few days to hopefully pack up the rest of her stuff for the move down to Vegas, so I helped out with that for a while before the Blaze game. The game itself was held at the Energy Solutions Arena…and was actually surprisingly lame. The Blaze have yet to win a game this year…and they lost to the Georgia Force by 21 points. I did have a few beers at the game for the first time. They were reasonably priced…but yeah, no fights or anything like that. Here are some pictures…



NBA Legend John Stockton...dipped in bronze

Bubbles & I at the game...
She feigns interest well

Towards the end of the game,
the Blaze resorted to drastic measures.
Normally Dodge trucks aren't allowed to play.

They even cheated in the Tug-of-War...

After the game, Bubbles decided that she wanted to have a few drinks with some friends…so she called some up and we went to Piper Down and Murphy's for brief periods…but decided to call it a short night because she had a lot of packing to do today (and last call is 1 AM here in Utah). I have a few pictures…but I'm not going to post them…because I don't have permission from the parties involved. Good times.

Today was a rainy, gloomy day…and I kind of felt accordingly. Occasionally, I just have these days where I wake up…and all the bad stuff seems to outweigh the good stuff. You know, like seeing the rain on the window instead of the beautiful stuff behind it. My dad recovering from a broken leg. My Wingman going through his treatment. I haven't had a girlfriend in nearly a year. I turn 27 in less than a month…and feel like I could do so much more. I haven't really played basketball in about three years. I feel a little bummed about my job and am seriously considering a major change in venue (more on that tomorrow). It's been almost two years since I graduated college with two degrees…yet still am doing the same thing that I was doing because the money's good, no real responsibility, but I've seriously grown apart from my job. I worry for friends and their well-being. I don't work out nearly as much as I used to. Even stupid stuff like some jackass spraypainting my car. It just seems sometimes like all the Passion that I used to have has escaped me. It all seems routine. I wake up, run errands in the morning, go to work during the day, watch a movie at night, sleep alone, repeat.
Don't get me wrong. These Gloomy Gus days that I have help me to appreciate all the great things that I have to. Great family, great friends, great health, good head on my shoulders, my sweet demeanor, job that pays well and allows me to travel on a whim usually, nieces & nephews to help grow with, great adventures that I have on occasion, all the stuff that I'm thankful for when I pray at night. Usually I just try to send out the positive thoughts and the Karma comes back around…but yeah, sometimes I wonder…what might have been and pointless stuff like that. I don't know. Maybe it's just like a Second Puberty or something…and I'm just worrying about what my life is going to be like six months, two years, five years, ten years, twenty years from now…and it's bumming be because I remember my expectation from when I was going through my First Puberty. Stuff like graduating with a college degree (check check), finding Love (stalemate), being a pro basketball player (three years since steady pickup games), success in side projects like movies & business ventures (yeah, I had high expectations), and all that stuff. It just seems sometimes like that only person that I’m doing for…is for me…and I want to do so much more.

I want to be like Dikembe Mutumbo and help save & educate kids in Afrika by donating my millions. I want to help kids get away from video games and pick up sports. You know, coach a rec league team or something. I want to make people smile & laugh uncontrollably and feel good about themselves. I want to have a family eventually…but not before finding that right woman that compliments & completes me. I assume most people think about stuff like that every once in a while. Anyway, my time for that was today…as I was watching basketball all day before coming to work. Oh…and by the way, if you think that I have an encyclopedic knowledge of movies, you should watch a basketball game with me. My trivial knowledge of the sport is somewhat legendary…but awfully boring. So yeah, my rant is over for the day. Sorry to probably bum you out too…but I'll get over it real quick…as soon as I decide what I'm going to do. It'll probably coincide with seeing the sun again. I usually like rainy days, just to go for little walks and feel the rain on my face…but about once a year, I have these Gloomy Gus days. I think we'll all be happy not to hear about this for another twelve months. Thanks for letting me vent. Now to some stuff that makes me feel better…

Twice in a Week? - Kory McFarren is a 37-year old man from Ness City, Kansas. On March 13th, authorities arrived at his house because he said that his 35-year old girlfriend Pam Babcock had something wrong with her…and it was that she was sitting on the toilet for so long that she had basically become one with the crapper. Her skin had literally grown around the bowl…and she was fused to the seat. Now, originally they said she had probably been there for a few months…but now they're saying a month or so…and Mr. McFarren was arrested under suspicion of mistreatment of a dependant adult. Oh…and she was 'disconnected' from the toilet and is recovering in the hospital. Creepy, right? Here's something even more creepy. He was released…and on March 23rd, he was arrested again…this time for lewd & lascivious (good word meaning "tending to arouse sexual desires") behavior after allegedly exposing himself to a neighbor's teenage daughter and her friends. You know, as bad as things get, at least I don't get my kicks out of making people sit on a toilet for months or flashing neighbors…well, their underage daughters anyway. Mister McFarren, you win my Loser of the Month - March 2008. Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy prison.

Wombats Make the News - Arthur Cradock, a 48-year-old orchard worker from Motueka on the South Island of New Zealand, called police on February 11th to say he was being raped by a Wombat at his home. Shortly after, he called back to withdraw his complaint. For those of you who don't know, Wombats are those pudgy, slow-moving marsupials that you see on nature shows…like the Wildboyz. He claimed that after the experience, he starting speaking Australian. Cradock pleaded guilty to using a phone for a fictitious purpose and was sentenced to 75 hours community work. Prosecutors said alcohol plays a large part in Cradock's life, although his defense lawyer said he was not drunk on the afternoon of the phone calls. So there's really only one explanation…the Wombat convinced him somehow to drop the charges. I'm sure there was a drunken celebration of some sort where the two met, they talked and found that they had similar interests, one thing led to another, and then Mr. Cradock woke up alone with a sore backside and some distinctive cubic scat on his bed sheets. "It wasn't a dream." So he called in the complaint…only to have the Wombat return shortly after with breakfast from Mickey D's. Oops. Call back to drop the charges…but it was too late. Simple misunderstanding. It's a shame really…but at least he gets to do community service for a great cause, has found an interesting relationship, and this may be the first step to him avoiding getting blackout drunk in the future. Who knows? All I know is…a Wombat and a Kiwi probably cannot breed…and that will help me to sleep at night. Then again, they said the same thing about a Beaver & a Duck…and now we have the Platypus. What would you call a Wombat - Kiwi offspring? A Wiwi? A Kombat? A Mortal Kombat? Anyway, raped by a Wombat. Nobody ever suspects the Wombat…and for good reason.

That'll do it for today. Thanks for letting me vent again…and hopefully I got a laugh or two out of you afterwards. I wish you all the best in everything. Have a great night!!! May all your dreams come true!!!

2 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

Sorry to hear that you're gloomy...those days suck. It's easy for girls, we just eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's and watch Titanic. You need some sunshine and another sin city vacation!

$teve said...

Thanks P-Monkey!!! You rock!!! Funny thing is...I was hanging out with my dad today...and we're already planning a Vegas trip in the near future...and a trip to Sturgis...in the Bat-Hummer...cuz we're cool like that. More on that later though. :)

I'm all better now. It snowed a little...and then the sun shined (love Utah weather) so it was doubly shiny. Let me know when you have those gloomy days and I'll try to cheer you up where Leo & Kate might fail. :)

Where should I go next?