Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Magic Moments

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Happy 68th Birthday to one of the single greatest voices and recording history, William "Smokey" Robinson, jr. This R&B singer was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan and was one of the greatest performers ever to grace Motown Records...and they've had more than their share. He started as a member of the Miracles, then his silky voice seemed to transcend the group...later named Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, then eventually breaking into a solo career producing some of the greatest baby-makin' songs of all time. Over fifty years after beginning his singing career, he's still active in the music industry as a producer, guest judge on American Idol, and even releasing albums as recently as late 2006. By the way, check out his greatest hits album...it's incredible. Anyway, happy birthday to Smokey!!! Thanks for being there to sing background to some of the greatest times of my life.


So yesterday, I commented about Lauren Graham being a gorgeous 40-year old woman...and last night, I decided to watch a new release called "I Could Never Be Your Woman" directed by Amy Heckerling ("Clueless" & "Fast Times At Ridgemont High") and starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd. It's about Pfeiffer playing a TV producer who hires an incredibly funny new actor (Rudd) and there's instant attraction to go out. The only thing is...she's 41 and he's 29...so there's obviously an age difference. This is apparently a big thing to Michelle's character but not Rudd's. I especially like Rudd's character because he's pretty much like me...only cuter. Always zany and a bit of a class clown...and doesn't sweat the small stuff. As for the movie, it's actually very clever and funny and has a great ensemble cast including Jon Lovitz, Fred Willard, and Tracey Ullman as Mother Nature. Great flick...but kind of a chick flick obviously...so I'd suggest checking it out if you're into that stuff. By the way, in case you were wondering, Michelle really turns 50 in April and Paul turns 39 a few weeks earlier...yet thanks to Hollywood it's believable. Having dated up to 6 years older and 7 years younger, I can kind of see the point of views...but if you focus too much on age (just like any other appearance thing) then you miss out on all the other stuff...and that just wastes time & opportunity to enjoy yourself. Some news now...


Lindsay Update - Lindsay Lohan is a good friend of the blog…and we like similar things (save I enjoy my coke with a little bit of rum). Further proof of this will be forthcoming in the next issue of New York Magazine in which she poses nude for photographer Bert Stern in a recreation of the famous Vogue issue where Mr. Stern photographed a very hot & very nude Marilyn Monroe shortly before her death in 1962. Does anybody else still remember Lindsay in "Freaky Friday"? Just checking. Anyway, Lindsay wears a blonde wig and a smile for these pictures apparently as she tries to take her career out of the crapper…and I wish her the best of luck. It's even shot at the same Hotel Bel Air as the original spread…and frankly, I'm curious to see the pictures…because I’m a big fan of the original (Wallpapers on computer, PS3, etc. Don't judge me. Norma Jean was hot.) and it really didn't take much convincing for Lindsay to bear all. "I didn't have to put much thought into it. I mean, Bert Stern? Doing a Marilyn shoot? When is that ever going to come up? It's really an honor." Funny thing that she said was when asked about Heath Ledger, Marilyn Monroe, and how Hollywood can destroy young stars, she commented, "I sure as hell wouldn't let it happen to me." Apparently, drinking can give you short-term memory loss…for about a year. The photographer Stern even commented, "I thought she was a natural, not at all squeamish." In others words…she made an old man happy. Be sure to check out the next issue of New York Magazine. Coming soon...


Dr. Spock: Vulcan, Visionary, Smut Peddler? - Leonard Nimoy, who is most famous for playing Dr. Spock on the popular TV series and movies for "Star Trek", has released a collection of photos that I believe is actually long overdue entitled "Full Body Project." Essentially, it is a collection of pictures of women in the nude...inspired by some of the great artists of history...and portraying women of a larger nature by today's standards in a natural and artistic image. Not being into the whole 'reading' thing or anything concerning the literary world, I found out about this book the old fashioned way...by watching an interview on "The Colbert Report" but I like it. His reasoning for doing the book is that he believes, as I do, that all women are beautiful...and the images portrayed on television and printed media and the internet and all other mediums of the rail-thin, anorexic ditzy pixies focused on how they look more so than having a positive self-image. I simply can't believe what I hear women say about how they look all the time. It's always negative...and always wanting to lose a few pounds...or get something tucked here...or the need for new clothes to cover up their belly...or that their boobs are sagging...or some other absolutely ridiculous thing...but at least it gives me an excuse to check it out with their permission. "I ugh...I really like 'em. I don't think they're saggy at all." "Well, they're in a bra now. You should see them when they're not." "How's Friday? I'm free after ten."


Ladies, if I've said it once, I've probably said it a few dozen times...almost to the point of nauseum...on this blog, you are gorgeous. Please just deal with it. There's a reason that guys are always checking you out...and they're not criticizing you. They're usually thinking just how "out of my league" you are...and admiring for the few brief moments that they can enjoy your presence. My suggestion - Work out because you want to feel healthy, eat accordingly, wear what makes you feel comfortable, and be sure to hang around people who make you feel great...whether it's positive attitudes, making you laugh, or whoever you share those special moments with.


The culmination of last night's experiences (the movie, my calendar mentioning Smokey's birthday, the Nimoy interview, remembering some of the Marilyn pictures that Lindsay's portraying, and the concept of moments) made me reminisce about simply one of the greatest moments in my life. Now, I've been all over the globe and seen a LOT of beautiful things...and had incredible experiences...but what I've found is that life is comprised of moments...and the moments that stick with you the hardest are those with at least some element of Love. Just think about it. Think about the greatest moments of your life. What comes to mind? Your child being born, getting married to the love of your life, tender moments, I don't know, you tell me. For me, the one that really sticks out was just over two years ago...when my ex-girlfriend spent the night...and she was there the next morning. I had "sneaked off" for my morning whiz and came back, trying to sneak slide back under the covers so as not to wake her (it was a long night). It didn't work too well...but I had slid back under...and was just looking at her lie there, on her stomach, hugging her pillow, a beautiful smile upon her face without makeup, the morning sun giving her curvy body the glow of an angel, and I just thought to myself, "Wow! I am one lucky guy." She then I guess sensed that I was staring and trying to take it all in, so she opened her beautiful brown eyes, sat up a little bit just to arch her back in an even sexier manner, "See anything you like, big boy?" I then leaned in and told her the three words that every woman longs to hear in the morning, "You're so cool!" (Brownie points if you get the reference) I then kissed her, tasting her morning breath...and I enjoyed it. I then ran my hand down her back...and could feel a shivery rush go down her body (which is always really really cool, to have that effect on a beautiful woman) and she gasped for air...but only found me. She didn't seem to mind. From there, it gets a little R-rated...but that moment when I was sitting there looking at this beautiful, curvy woman who was over five years my junior, looking like a brown-haired Marilyn Monroe glistening in the morning sunshine, after listening to Smokey Robinson on repeat all night and just knowing that I made that girl happy...was simply one of the greatest moment of my young life. So now you see why all the previous stuff made me think of that.


Whether it's looking back on your own life, walking into a building, or looking at somebody that you've known for years, an almost subconscious feeling runs through your body when you recognize them...and it's a summary of all the moments, whether good or bad, that that person, place, whatever has made you feel. Not what you've said or what you've done or how right you are or anything like that...but how you make that person feel...for that moment and many others throughout your life. Just keep that in mind next time that you're reacting to something...like in an argument or, one that I'm guilty of all the time, being a smartass. Remember to take the other person's feelings into account. Now, Valentine's Week doesn't officially end until tomorrow (because I say so) when the Lunar Eclipse happens...so do yourself a favor and enjoy that moment with somebody you care about. Once again, it's tomorrow, the 20th and will be going on pretty much from 10 PM to 11 PM with the apex right in the middle there. Just a suggestion from your boy Dr. Mookie Love. Enjoy every moment that you can...and I hope that you have so many great moments that you even forget a few.


Have a great day everybody...and I'll see ya around. Lunar Eclipse tomorrow night!!! Write it down!!! Schedule it on your cell phone!!! Whatever you need to do. You're all so cool!!! Have a good one!!!

No comments:

Where should I go next?