Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day of Recovery

Good Morning (5 in a row) Ladies & Gentlemen,

I feel ten times better than I did this time yesterday. I still have a little bit of a sick feeling...but it'll be gone after I make me some breakfast. Late rise? You betcha. I went to bed last night around 11 PM...and woke up about 45 minutes ago. To sleep some 10.5 hours, for me, is quite the accomplishment...and not only that, I got three text messages during that time...and didn't hear any of them...and I checked, the ringer was turned on. I was out.

Some of you may be wondering how I recovered, more specifically, my method of recovery. Allow me to share it with you. When I got home from work, I drank a tall cool glass of cranberry juice, put in a movie that I saw at Blockbuster called "Perfume - The Story of a Murderer", and about five minutes after starting the movie & sitting down...passed out & woke up about an hour later. When I awoke, I felt a little better...so I got another glass of cranberry juice & started the movie over. It was pretty good. It's about a man in 18th century Europe who has an unbelievable sense of smell...and it drives him insane to find the perfect smell, that he get a whiff of from a beautiful woman in Paris. "Hoo-ah!!! What do you think of that, Charlie?" (Brownie points for the reference) It's very twisted, especially near the end...but don't watch it if you have a weak stomach. It's rated R and it's not for swearing and only implied violence, the reason is some disgustingly smelling visuals that set the tone. Still worth a gander, especially if you have silly movie nights with your friends. It's quirky & twisted.

Next, I rented the first season of the HBO series "Big Love" on the recommendation of my hot friend Bubbles (that's what she chose to be referred as, by the way). It was pretty good...and you may already know, I've thought about doing the whole polygamy thing a few times before...and if Chet from Weird Science can do it, so can I. However, if it's going to happen, it should probably start now...so that I can avoid the erectile disfunction thing that Bill goes through in the series. No pill needed at this time...but twenty years from now? Who knows? Anyway, let me know if you're interested in joining the family. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, good show. I only watched two episodes so far...so it's just getting Sopranos-like with the compound about to wage war on Bill & his hardware stores & family. I wonder if Mormons call it 'getting whacked' or 'getting off'd' or if it's some different metaphor like 'getting whisked' or 'passing into Purgatory' or something. I should ask my local Mormon Mafia boss. One thing about the show though, HBO writers, can't we have the wives making out??? I mean...they do share EVERYTHING, right? Just think about it. God knows I will.

Dinner time, I made me a brat sandwich and realized that I was feeling much better. I got a call from my mom & brother because they had to check up on me (and ask me to drive an hour to them to hang out tomorrow).

Movie News of the Day - They're going to remake the Bruce Lee classic movie "Enter the Dragon" and entitle it "Awaken the Dragon." This is cool for me...because I love my kung fu movies...and "Enter the Dragon" is among the best ever made. But the question arises, who could possibly replace Bruce Lee in the lead role? I started to think about it...and today, the greatest martial artist that I can think of is Tony Jaa, but he's Thai and doesn't speak English much. That can cause problems on the set. However, one of the greatest movies ever made...about 15 years ago was "Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story" and Jason Scott Lee did an amazing job of representing Bruce Lee (I think they were cousins or something). Oh, but he hasn't really been in a movie in ten years, right? He probably isn't even in movies anymore. Then I threw in another movie that I rented called "Nomad, the Warrior"...and who's the first actor shown? Jason Scott Lee playing Oraz, a Kazakh soothsayer & narrator of the story...in Kazakhstani or whatever the language was. It's funny how things work themselves out, right? Sure, it may have been coincidence...but still, it's cool. I don't remember Borat mentioning that Kazakhs are descendants of Genghis Khan...but then again, there's only so much information that you can drop in a two-hour movie, I guess. Anyway, due to wardrobe, you couldn't really tell if he's still in Bruce Lee-esque shape, but it might be worth a gander to the movie producers. Just a suggestion...

Who could play the other characters? Well, they said they're looking for a seasoned Armerican actor for the FBI agent...so why not Matt Damon? If not for his acting skills, then just so he isn't forced to make "The Bourne Redundency" or "Ocean's 17" or some other sequel. That's right, I suggested a remake over a sequel. What about Jim Kelly's afro Shogun character? Why not Undercover Brother himself, Eddie Griffin? He's done okay in action movies like "Blast" or you could always go with Michael Jai White...but in either case, the afro is a must.

Let's see, after that, I went to bed & woke up not long ago. For those of you who don't know, it has actually only taken me about 30 minutes to make this blog...because I type fast, think fast, & usually don't edit myself...as you can probably tell. The longest part is getting all the links to help you get all of my obscure references. Oh...and I'm not at work today so I'm not doing it between calls & various other tasks. Anyway, I'm going to my dad's to work on my car in a few...so have a great day & thanks for all your well wishes during my illness. If you ever find yourself feeling ill, feel free to send me a message...and I'll recommend some remedy for you. Free of charge. Peace...

No comments:

Where should I go next?