Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Trip Announcement - St. Louis

What a glorious past few days this has been!!!


Yesterday, I was able to arrange my work schedule so that I could spend a week with my mother for her birthday, while she's away on business in St. Louis, Missouri next month. Using Travelocity, I was able to find an eerily inexpensive flight there & she was able to arrange for free hotel stays & a rental car courtesy of her employer. I have been to most major cities in the United States...and I've seen the Spirit of St. Louis in Washington D.C., but I have never seen the city of St. Louis, Missouri - The Gateway to the West.


First off, you may have noticed that I do not particularly care to ever see the city of Detroit, Michigan. Primarily this is due to the fact that it has highly been regarded as one of the most dangerous cities in America...but the last two years, East St. Louis has ended Detroit's reign of violent crime domination & has become the most dangerous city in America. So why would I want to go to St. Louis & not Detroit??? No, not because the Cardinals beat the Tigers in the World Series a few years back...but I admire your guess. Anybody else wanna guess? Here are several answers that would win you brownie points...
  1. Mom will be there - She's a lot of fun to travel with & it's her birthday...so we can go to the Anheuser-Busch brewery and get a lot of free stuff, I'm sure of it. Cake and/or ice cream with every meal out too.

  2. Gateway Arch - National Landmark that I have yet to see...and I plan on riding it up to the 630 foot summit & gandering into the West. I wonder how far west I can see from the top. I'll let you know.

  3. The Blues - I enjoy good music...and St. Louis has some of the premiere blues clubs in the world. Maybe they'll have a karaoke night or something...but then again, I don't have the blues...but we'll see when the trip rolls around. I've got soul though. It has been confirmed by several people that I am, in fact, superbad.

  4. Anheuser-Busch Brewery - World's largest brewery...and thanks to television commercials, it's one of the first things that I think of when I hear 'St. Louis, Missouri'. Kind of like how I associate San Antonio with Pace Picante. Oh yeah, stay tuned for a possible San Antonio trip in September.

  5. Six Flags - Amusement parks & roller coasters excite me almost as much as a smiling redhead. Either way, if I see one, I just wanna ride 'em all day.

  6. Riverboats - Trek the Mighty Mississippi if I get the chance. I've ridden one in New Orleans before...but now I'd like to try something upriver. Tom Sawyer style...

  7. Route 66 - My buddy Nat told me that it goes through St. Louie, so I'd like to check it out...and maybe follow it a bit in the rental car.

  8. Science Center - Most nerdy of all, they have a Marvel Superheroes Exhibition at the Exploradome. There are over 30 action stations that reveal the powerful, real-life science within Marvel's legends including biomechanics, visual perception, atmospheric science, soundwaves, and many more. You can even play a Super Hero Wedding!!! Actually, it looks like TOMORROW they're having one broadcast tomorrow on Y98 in St. Louis (http://www.y98.com/). I can see it now. I would actually prefer a DC Comic wedding. The groom is in his Superman suit with red underwear outside of his leotard. The bride walks down in her stunning Wonder Woman outfit (tell me that's not hot). Batman is the Best Man. Catwoman or Black Canary is the Maid of Honor. Flash & Aquaman can be worked in there too along with the Wonder Twins. Wow, I really am a nerd. This conversation is over...but here's a sneak peek at some future wedding pictures...

Anyway, what does Detroit have to offer? The Renaissance Center? What do they have going on at their Science Center? "Our Body - The Universe Within" Boring...but you may get to see a cadaver with bullet holes. I prefer Super Heroes!!! Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes obviously. Maybe we'll catch a Cardinals game too...but baseball's kind of boring...

What else is new with $teve? Well, tomorrow will be the 3rd day in a row that I have eaten Thai food. Yesterday, it helped me to regain my vigour after having blood drawn. Today, my buddy Tony picked some up for me on short notice. Tomorrow, I will be sharing a meal with the lovely friend of a lady friend from the Harry Potter movie on Monday. That's right, a planned meal with a lady. Just to let you all know, the percentage with which I have ladies actually show up to these planned events...is a fairly good batting average in the low-300's. Over the last year, I've been on a bit of a hot streak though...and I have a good feeling about this one...probably a single...and I'll get caught trying to steal second...stay tuned.

Oh...and as previously mentioned, there may be a September trip to San Antonio or Cleveland...but we shall see. Obviously I like to travel...a lot...and the opportunities are coming up recently.

Sports News of the Day - Michael Vick is having legal problems concerning a dogfighting organization. To be honest, I'm not sure what exactly he's facing besides Conspiracy charges. I'm not sure how long he would go to jail for if he wasn't Michael Vick...but I don't see that happening. To be honest, I want to go to a dog or a cockfighting ring. That's why this story interests me. I was a little disappointed a few months ago when a cockfighting establishment was raided by cops, mere blocks away from where I had lived in my dad's basement for a few years without any word on the street about it. I even went on that cruise to Ensanada last year to hopefully see a bull fight and/or a cock fight (with donkey show if time permitting) but it was only for a few daytime hours in Mexico. I did get to see a bullfighting ring at a winery...but that's about it.

Please do not get this twisted. I am not one to actively condone the brutalization or torture of animals in any way. However, I do think that there are many wonderful ways that the sports can be improved.


  • Bullfighting - Instead of having a dazed, drugged, tortured, & brutally beaten bull trying to knock a red flag out of a sparkly, sworded Spaniard's hand, why not have a fully functional bull face off against his natural enemy.......the other bull that has been hanging around his dairy. BEHOLD THE FORCE OF TAURUS!!! This is another reason why I like the Running of the Bulls...because you can't feel bad for the guy that gets mauled by the bull...because they had flyers all over Pamplona telling him that was the case...and he chose to be in the streets anyway. Lesson learned.

  • Cockfighting - I really don't like the idea of poultry dueling to the death...but I've mainly just wondered if they fry up the loser right there on the spot. It's also something that not too many people have experienced...or at least would admit to. Bring on the Muay Thai kickboxing matches!!! Stay tuned for my cruise of Southeast Asia next year...

  • More Animal Fighting - Can a Mongoose really beat a King Cobra? Who would win in a fight between a Wolverine & a Tasmanian Devil? Tiger vs. Bear? Man vs. Monkey? I'm curious to the answers...and I think that it would provide great scientific data. Not only that, but I support cloning...so that we can bring back dinosaurs & pit them against eachother...and our modern day creatures as well. Baby T-Rex vs. a Tiger? Rhino vs. Triceratops? Pteradactyl vs. a Helicopter? Rambo vs. Raptor? I'm telling ya, it'd be sensational!!! I mean....educational.

Barry Bonds - Close to eclipsing Hank Aaron's career home run record...but it doesn't really matter because of his alleged steroid use. I don't want to rant about this. I've heard too much about it & you don't care. Just FYI - He's down to two home runs from the record.

That's about it for me today. Tune in tomorrow when I'll probably babble about this weekend's birthdays or some other crazy random stuff...

No comments:

Where should I go next?