Monday, July 9, 2007

What a Groovy Weekend!!!

Friday - Not the coolest day ever...but I did get a lot of stuff done.


  • In the morning, I went to Blockbuster & traded my Total Access mail-order movies for "Dead Silence" & "Lost In Translation."

  • "Dead Silence" was from the writer & director of the original "Saw" movie...but was about a ventriloquist doll named Billy & the ghost of his maker killing people. I don't know what it is about horror movies about ghosts...but it's like my buddy Ray Parker, jr. says...I ain't afraid of no ghost.

  • The key to a great presentation is to start off by grabbing the audience's attention in the first minute & not letting go...no matter how boring the material may be. That is why "Lost in Translation" starts out with a beautiful shot of Scarlett Johannsen's ass...butt continues for another two hours. Though still a pretty good, yet slow movie...you can't really top that ass...unless you're really, really lucky.



  • By the way, that 'butt' was not a typo...more of a Freudian slip. Honestly though, she is a talented actress...but probably too hot to be recognized for it. Oh well, it could be worse.

  • Back to the checklist, I picked up some parts for my Buick's windows as well. More on that for Sunday.

  • If you ever want to turn your house/apartment into a wonderful sauna atmosphere, I would recommend spending the early afternoon of a hundred-degree day doing laundry, cleaning dishes, scrubbing the bathroom with bleach, and your swamp cooler is...subpar, so only a stagnant breeze moves air through your dwelling.

  • I woke up several hours later (probably from bleach buzz) & watched "Dead Silence". In case you were wondering, I was alone. During the scary parts, I had no choice but to hold myself. I felt safe...but luckily it wasn't that scary.

Saturday - 7/7/7 - Lucky Day


  • Morning involved more laundry...and I made myself some pancakes with coconut syrup...because I was in the mood for some flapjacks. If I were to have one fetish (that I would admit to) it would be for pancakes with syrup...but no butter. I like the idea of IHOP for a first date...because sure, friends have lunch...but lovers have breakfast.

  • Watched some episodes from the 1st season of the USA series "Psych" about a fake psychic private detective starring James Roday & Dule Hill. It's hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the Spelling Bee episode. "Spell...banana." "Could you repeat that?" "Ba-na-na." "Can you use that in a sentence?" "Banana. Anna Banana wanted to hear 'Venus' by Bananarama. Banana."

  • My good friends were married on this Lucky Day. There's only one pair of people out there that could make me turn down an invitation to another wedding in France for Tony Parker & Eva Longoria...and that is my Wingman & his Brown Bear. Frankly, it was the most casual wedding ever...and among the most enjoyable that I've attended.





What's with the black eye? Was somebody having last minute jitters? No, actually there's a much more unusual & funny story associated with that wound than butterflies in the stomach. Don't worry Wingman. You shall be avenged!!!

Wait, you wanted to hear the story. I will have to get permission...or perhaps the Wingman could leave a comment telling it in detail...since I would likely exaggerate it beyond the point of recognition.






  • Here's me trying to get the Kiss...but this is what came out. I'm sorry, it doesn't handle movement very well. They're cute kids.

  • After the ceremony (which lasted exactly five minutes & seven seconds on my stopwatch), we enjoyed barbecue chicken & high-point Coronas. I love weddings.

  • After the wedding, there was a surprise party being held for my Uncle Doug's 35th birthday at Barbary Coast. There were a few dozen family members there including my grandma, who's such a sweetheart. That's why I'm going on a cruise of the Meditteranean with her in November. More to come...

  • I have no reservations in saying that I was DEFINITELY the best looking guy in the bar. It's not saying much...but it's saying something. For those who don't know, Barbary Coast is a biker bar...and to find somebody under 40 and/or 200 is a good night.

  • My cousin Ranae was there...and it surprises how much we're alike sometimes. We're both 26 years old, tall & gangly, fairly good-looking but always seem to be single, funny, college educated, and we're often mistaken for brother & sister (not just when she's had a little too much to drink & needs a 'big brother' to protect her from bikers).

  • Anyway, most of us got pretty intoxicated, danced around to a rock cover band, & my aunt Faye dropped me off at my place...and I slept like a baby after drinking a bottle of water to sway the future headache a bit. It worked for the most part.

Sunday - Day of Unrest


  • Cold Showers - I had never really taken one before. I hear that many gentlemen out there take them during times of sexual frustration. The fact that I've never taken a cold shower does not imply that I haven't experienced my share of frustration. Personally, I do a few push-ups, deep breathing & think about baseball. It does the trick.

  • However, this particular morning, I felt extremely warm (hungover) & needed some motivation to wake up. This is when I take Cold Showers. It did the trick.

  • I had a few slices of bread for breakfast. They stayed down. I don't like puking at all. Luckily, I didn't have to experience it this weekend. See? Watered-down Utah beer IS good for something.

  • I went to my dad's to fix the windows on my Buick. They had returned from their anniversary road trip to Yellowstone & Jackson, Wyoming. They claim that the best pizza place in the world is Wild West Pizza and is located in West Yellowstone. We shall see.

  • We only got to work on my window where the motor appeared to be out...but the new motor wasn't working either despite getting power to it...so long story short, we adjusted my window so it's closed & won't move until further inspection can be done.

  • I didn't realize this until I was exhausted & sweaty in the backseat of my Buick working on my door...but I have yet to steam up the windows of an automobile in a sexual manner. Why did I just type that out? Just seeing if you're paying attention.

  • The seats are luxurious sofas. I almost dozed off several times...but that may have had to do with the heat & party the night before too.

  • During our breaks to cool down, we watched "Back to the Future" on HBO. Is there a better PG movie out there? I think not. Let me know if you feel differently.

  • In the evening, I finally had an opportunity to eat real food - a thin steak & pasta salad.

  • My brother & sister-in-law stopped by my dad's with my niece Kairi. She's still cute. I know that you guys are waiting for the day that I tell you that she's no longer cute & the only reason that we keep her is because we're sentimentally attached or she can find her way home.

  • Family Guy was hilarious in a dirty way as always.

Monday - A Big Day for Celebrity birthdays


  • Tom Hanks (51) - Who was the other guy on "Bosom Buddies"?

  • Chris Cooper (56) - "Breach" - Underrated character actor

  • Kelly McGillis (50) - "Top Gun" - Yes, it has been that long

  • Fred Savage (31) - "Wonder Years" - I hope that I didn't peak at age 14

  • Courtney Love (43) - Why hasn't she died yet?

  • Brian Dennehy (69) - I just like the number
  • O.J. Simpson (60) - "Naked Gun" - I think he played football too
  • Nicola Tesla (151) - He doesn't look a day over 40

  • Richard Roundtree (65) - Who's the black private dick who's the sex machine to all the chicks? Damn right...and good night...

No comments:

Where should I go next?