Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Brother & Me

Friday night, I was fairly exhausted after work...but my brother wanted to hang out, so I went to see what he was up to...because sadly I had no plans...and I was going to meet my new 3-year old niece Kelaudri. Anyway, I got there & he filled me in on all the latest PS3 video game news...then he said that he wanted to go for a hike up one of the many paths around Ogden Canyon. Never one to turn down a beautiful hike through the natural majesty of Utah, we went as the sun was about to set (around 8:00 PM these days). We loaded up on Gatorade, took our shirts off, & started up the trail.

I asked where we were headed & he told me that he & Andy (Spitsofrantic) had found this gorgeous lookout point called Hidden Valley...but being a particularly secretic location, there wasn't any means of direction.


Except that. Along the way, there was plenty of stunning views of the Ogden Valley...but unfortunately, I was only armed with my cell phone camera, so here's some teasers.

After trudging through the rugged forest for about an hour & taking several shortcuts that may or may not have actually made the trip shorter...we came to the summit. It was definitely a moment for self-reflection & utter amazement of the simple pleasures of life.
My brother also needed a smoke. Not the best combination to go with his asthma, but he made it. Here's a couple more shots of the sunset...and basically the last straw before I decided to get a real digital camera that is both descrete & provides good pictures. More to come on that in future blogs...

After our adventure (included a spirited jog down the mountain on a narrow pathway & size 14 shoes), we returned to his house & I met Kelaudri. As promised in earlier blogs, I will provide pictures of Kelaudri & Kairi (brownie points still offered if you know the origin of her name) but that will be in future entries. I have to do something to keep you guys reading...and trust me, they're worth the wait. So until next time, have fun...and let everybody out there that you care about...know it. No reason to hold it in. Peace.

No comments:

Where should I go next?