Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Rebirthday Jesus!!!

Great Zombie Jesus Day Ladies & Gentlemen,

As you may have already heard by now, today is the Easter holiday which apparently connects the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and bunnies that lay chocolate eggs…because it's some kind of weird marsupial or something…like a platypus…but more festive…or something. I don't know. I get easily confused by the holiday's meaning because instead of going to Mass or something, I tend to stay home, eat deviled eggs until my chest tells me to stop, and watch "The Ten Commandments" because it's AWESOME!!! "So let it be written, so let it be done." Good times. So Happy Rebirthday Jesus!!! We miss you. Come back and say hi or something. That'd be sweet…hopefully. Again, don't exactly remember the stipulations of his return to Earth. By the way, does anybody think that this Easter Bunny looks evil too?



As you may have read previously, I've spent the past few days in Las Vegas with my brother, sister-in-law, and Bubbles for my brother's first wedding anniversary & to help Bubbles get a little familiar with the town and find a place to live, etc. It was a great weekend…but unfortunately I'm going to have to tease you tonight…because I was unable to get my pictures off my camera (surprisingly few…but that's always how it is in Vegas). I may throw in a few old pictures too just to make it better and fill in blanks. We'll see. Anyway, just to give you another tease as to why I haven't gotten the pictures, I currently am on my 35th hour (of at least 40 because of work)…and may or may not (no sense of) smell of a lake breeze, car exhaust, cigar smoke, gentleman's club, chlorine, airport, taxi cab, sweat, tears, blood, hospital, and I just ate a spicy chicken sandwich which is basically my first real food in over 24 hours…so I've got some nice breath. Sorry to keep you hangin' but here's some news to hold you over…mostly about movie sequels in the works.



Boondock Saints: All Saints Day - Have you ever casually mentioned a few times on your blog that you think a certain movie is really, really cool…and then a few days later, you read something about them deciding to make a sequel…like some big shot Hollywood producer is reading your ramblings and think "This Mookie guy's got a point. That would be awesome." That being said, there's apparently FINALLY going to be a sequel to "Boondock Saints" entitled "Boondock Saints: All Saints Day" and will star the original stars like Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery, and Billy Connolly. Also, director Troy Duffy will be returning…so I'm already excited about it. Who's with me?



Super Street Fighter II Alpha: Champion's Edition? - Okay, so one of my favorite video game movies is "Street Fighter" because it's Jean Claude…and Raul Julia is a great comedic performance as a Thai dictator…and it's just too ridiculous not to watch. Anyway, as mentioned they are doing a sequel…and a few more actors have been announced to reprise the roles of the combatants. As mentioned before, the superhot Kristen Kreuk ("Eurotrip") will play Chun Li, Michael Clarke Duncan ("Green Mile") will play boxer Balrog, Taboo of Black Eyed Peas will play Spaniard narcissist Vega, Chris Klein ("American Pie") will play Charlie Nash, and Neal McDonough ("The Hitcher") will play dictator/warlord Bison. He's got some big shoes to fill in replacing Raul Julia…but it should be cool. Maybe when I'm not so tired, I'll lend my suggestions for other roles (Tony Jaa as Fei Long, bring Kylie Minogue back as Cammy, etc.) but not right now. I'm so tired.



Wolfman Pictures - Here are some of the first pictures from the "Wolfman" remake starring Benecio Del Toro and Hugo Weaving among others…



Snake Eyes Pictures - Here's a pictures of Snake Eyes (Ray Park) from the upcoming "G.I. Joe" picture…and allegedly he has no preference over using his katana…or popping multiple caps in one's ass…so there's the potential for some awesome action sequences there. Your move, (fellow great) Stephen Sommers…



Anyway, that'll probably do it for today. I'm incredibly tired…and I just started my shift…so have a great night everybody…and hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time and/or energy to fill you in on my Vegas Vacation. Until then, please don't hold grudges against anyone. The best revenge is a life well lived. Dreams do come true. All you need is Love. A penny saved is a penny earned. Shhhh, it's okay. Insert random cliché. Most of all, have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I had three brothers so I had no choice but to play fighting video games growing up... Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat!! I was always Chun Li (Street Fighter) or Kitana (MK). I kicked some serious butt. Ah, the good ol' days (:

$teve said...

Nice. Girls playing video games, even poorly, is really hot. :) I was mostly Fei Long and Liu Kang. Never really realized until just now that it was probably because I like Bruce Lee movies. :)

Where should I go next?