Saturday, May 3, 2008

Congratulations to All You Graduates!!!

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

My dad & I met up and we went to see "Iron Man" starring Robert Downey jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Terence Howard as General Rhodes/War Machine (spoiler for the sequel), Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts/Eye Candy, and something that caught me completely off guard...the Dude himself, Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger. The Dude was the bad guy. I just couldn't grasp it at first...but eventually I did. For those of you who aren't comic nerds like me, it's basically the story of a brilliant smartass engineer billionairre who owns a company that makes the best, most advanced weaponry in the world. During a trip to Pakistan to pitch his newest weapon, he's kidnapped and told to build it for the bad guys...or he dies. Instead he builds a metal suit that allows him to be bulletproof, fly, and escape the compound to return home and change his life for the better...by becoming a superhero and saving the world. It goes on from there...but basically, it's a great action movie that I'm sure will make millions & millions of dollars in box offices, merchandise sales, and sequels (they introduced War Machine, S.H.I.E.L.D., and there's plenty of other bad guys). I'd say go ahead and check it out...if not for the action & comic book nerdiness...for Robert Downey's one-liners. Kudos to Jon Favreau!!! Much much better than "Daredevil" was.

After the movie, we returned home to meet up with my stepmom so that they could take me out for a birthday dinner...to Chili's. It was good times. I hadn't really talked to my stepmom in a while so I caught her up on all the Vegas possibilities...and of course, she's supportive of the move...and says that she'll visit, which was expected. For dinner, I had some buffalo chicken fajitas (with bacon & blue cheese) and they were delicious. Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to mention...that I got a badass gifts from the Wingmans yesterday, an autographed copy of the book by Jan Haley entitled "J. Rooker, Manatee" about what else, manatees...and a book by Michael Blanchet entitled "How to Beat the Video Games" about...any guesses? How to beat video games such as Pac-Man, Tempest, Asteroids, Donkey Kong, and all the others made pre 1982. Awesome!!!

After dinner, I was invited to loyal blog reader Lilie's graduation party at her family's house...which was absolutely amazing. It's like a castle from the outside...and a luxurious estate on the inside. Got to meet her parents, family, and a few people from work like the Mad Scientist were there too. It was a pretty good way to spend a few hours to say the least. While there, I got a call from Bubbles...and she just wanted to say hi & she can't wait until I visit. Sure, she was a little tipsy...but it was still nice to hear from her. Congratulations Lilie!!! Thanks for the kickin' party. Tonight, I'm going to another graduation party for Alta, who probably doesn't even know my blog exists...but still congratulations to her too!!!

Other than that, not much going on. Laundry & other errands today, maybe go get "Grand Theft Auto IV" if the feeling comes over me, then party tonight at Alta's. It's the last day of my three day weekend, so I'm going to relax while I can. Also, I just wanted to thank Doc for his kind words about my blog the other day...and suggest that you all check out his site. Have a great day everybody...and apparently my element is Earth. Enjoy!!!






Your Element Is Earth



You excel at planning and strategizing.

You could be a champ at chess or Survivor.



Well grounded, you are able to be realistic and rationalize.

On the inside, you have a hard core. It's tough to phase you.



You are super productive, and you are able to think anything through.

Focused and super charged, your instincts are a good guide for your next step.

No comments:

Where should I go next?