Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's Enrico Pallazzo!!!

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, yesterday I helped my dad out with a few things around the house like mowing the lawn, moving furniture around, chauffeuring him around while his car was having an oil & tire change, and going on top of the roof to fix the swamp cooler. Luckily didn't take too long to do all of that...so we got to hang out and talk a bit too. One thing struck me though...and it may just be me. It was a fairly gloomy, cloud-filled day all day which kept it fairly cool. Then, as soon as I stepped outside to mow the lawn...and go onto a shingled rooftop, the skies clear right up and it's a beautiful May day...and those shingles get really hot in direct sunlight as you may or may not know. Then, as soon as I get down from the roof, the clouds come back. Probably just coincidence.

After yardwork, we sat down and watched a classic...that surprisingly my dad had never seen, "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad" with Leslie Nielsen, Priscilla Presley, and Ricardo Montelban among others. Now, I own all three Naked Gun movies and all six episodes of the TV series they're based on...so I may have to loan them to my dad while he's recovering. He also wants to see the "Firefly" series and the movie "Serenity" (all great by the way) so I'll be dropping them off on the way to the Utah Blaze game tonight...and he can watch them after our Vegas trip that we leave for in less than four days. So excited about this trip.

Also while at my dad's, I received a few text messages from my sister-in-law Ashley about her custody battle...and apparently it's more around $2000 that she's needing...so I basically suggested that she let it lie...because right now, Kelaudri has two families that care for her, Ashley's going to school and starting a career as a CNA, they're already struggling to support two kids, the case would require gross negligence or something like that...and that doesn't appear to be the case at all, and they'll only get to see her a few extra days a week anyway. It just seems more and more like this is an act of futility...using my money (and already a lot of my mom's) that I've saved up over the past few years to start and provide for my own family eventually. After suggesting this, she again threatened to quit school...so I elaborated on what a poor decision that would be...and she replied with childish namecalling, personal attacks, and other such nonsense. I replied professionally to the tune of "This is just my suggestion. I know that you're going to do whatever you want regardless of what I say. You know that I love you guys...but this just seems like a waste of time & money right now. Finish school, start a career, raise your two other children (and my brother), and then when you can afford the house that you live in & raising the four of you...then you should pursue Kelaudri." She just called this morning apologizing for the comments last night...but it's understandable...because I basically told her to give up on trying to get her oldest child. I have to admit, I was a little hurt by her words...but I quickly got over them...because I think I'm right...and hopefully she'll head my advice. Or she won't...and I'll wish her the best.

Speaking of Ash, last night, we called an impromptu Movie Night because JL Clyde, the Mad Scientist, and I were supremely bored. We met up at my place and watched "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness" which are supremely entertaining semi-horror-comedy movies from director Sam Raimi ("Spiderman" & "The Quick & the Dead") and starring Bruce Campbell (who I'm actually watching in the USA series "Burn Notice" as we speak. Weird.). Anyway, check them out. They're just crazy to watch and you won't regret it. You get my money back guarantee. If it sucks, I'll give you your money back for accessing my blog. Deal? Alright then, it's settled.

Well, not much else to really talk about today...and I've got a lot of laundry to do and errands to run...so I'll get back at ya after the Blaze game tonight. I've gotta work tomorrow (Mother's Day) so I should have plenty of time to catch you up on news & events. Have a great weekend everybody!!! Oh...and here's another "Deep Thoughts with Megan Fox" or more specifically her beautifully engineered body. You know, I would read more books if they were printed like this. I can't wait to see how the story ends...


3 comments:

Alisa said...

Wish your sister-in-law had more patience to listen to you! Tell your mom Happy Mother's Day for me. She is awesome.

JLee said...

Every now and then I love a good cheesy horror flick!

$teve said...

Alisa, I will certainly pass the message along to my mom. I showed her pictures of Crosby...and she thinks he's a cutie, of course. My sister was apologetic afterwards...but yeah, she's never been one to head advice. Oh well.

Jlee, they may be high in cholestrol...but cheesy horror flicks are just so damn delicious. :)

Where should I go next?