Sunday, May 11, 2008

Best Wishes to All Mothers

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

I would like to wish all the mothers...and even the future mothers out there a glorious Mother's Day!!! All the mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and even the not-so-great-grandmothers. I just finished calling up my mom and she was glad to hear it. Here are some pictures of her over the years. Isn't she lovely?
Probably a high school picture

Here's a picture of a newlywed couple, my mom & dad

Some blonde gremlin-like creature & my mom
She says that's a picture of me...but I don't recall

A merry Christmas moment

Proof that I always looked good in a suit...any suit

Proof that Chuck E. Cheese & I go way back
That's my Grandma Love next to the mouse
We miss you, Grandma Love!!!

The Grand Canyon & my mom

Even 80's fashion couldn't stop her hotness...

My mom & stepdad

The King & my mom last summer

St. Louis last summer

Gort, my mom, & me in Seattle in February

Weird thing is...this week is more like a Father's Day Weekend than a Mother's Day Weekend...but we discussed my hosting her down in Vegas during Father's Day when/if I move down there. We also talked about a few years ago when I took her & my grandma to New Orleans for a few days. That was a fun trip. Yesterday, I went with my dad & stepmom to the Dancing Crane and their prices were a lot less than they were during Christmas...so I may have to do some shopping there soon for various birthdays & other holidays. That store is awesome for decorating & just nifty pretty shiny stuff. I wonder if they have stores like that in Vegas. Probably. My stepmom loves that store, so she got a few things for her new workout room (in the recently renovated basement) and was quite happy with her purchases. Oh...and she liked the presents of bath balls (that dissolve and make your tub silky & smelly apparently) and seashells from San Diego a few months ago.

Then my dad & I made our way to the Utah Blaze game...and it was awesome. They gave us souvenior license plates, the team was great and won the game in a blowout 71-36, and of course we were loud and obnoxious in support of our home team...and they won their second game in a row...and of the season. Here are some pictures...

The Blaze faced their most dangerous adversary...themselves!!!

Nothing announces a starting lineup like pyrotechnics

"And your starting quarterback....number 1...
Jesus "El Saviorrrrrrr" Chriiiiist!!!"

Up 30-14 at the half...but the show had just begun

Breast Cancer Awareness has spread into the halftime show...
and deadly diseases have never been sexier in my opinion.

BMX stunts were part of the show too

The football in the AFL is slightly larger...

This Mr. Edsall (said on his jersey) shared my thoughts,
"WOOOHOOO!!! Breast cancer musical chairs!!!"

Final score - Utah Blaze 71, Colorado Crush 36

"Good game, good game, good game, good game..."

Well, today I get to spend my Mother's Day working until midnight...but it's okay...because my momma knows that I love her...and she loves me...and I'll be in Vegas in less than three days. It's gonna be a fun trip. Again, I wish all you mothers out there a wonderful day...and be sure that your man, children, pets, all cater to you today. Today is your day. Sit back, relax, and just enjoy being you...as we do the other 364 days of the year. Have a great night everybody!!!

4 comments:

JLee said...

Thank you!
Your mom is so pretty, and you do resemble her, although I would not refer to you as "pretty", maybe "dashing"? lol

$teve said...

Thanks Jlee!!! You just made my day. Dashing, eh? Yeah, I can see that. Like a James Bond kind of pretty. :)

Happy Mother's Day to you & yours!!! Your mom raised a great kid. I'm sorry that she couldn't be here writing me compliments too. :)

j.l. clyde said...

your mom was/is a hottie. and she is still on my list of the top five moms ever.

$teve said...

That is an exclusive list. Only four other moms in all of history have made that list. :) I'll be sure to tell her that you have steamy fantasies about her too, don't worry?

P.S. She reads this thing occasionally. :)

Where should I go next?