Thursday, May 8, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Last night's Movie Night was not to be...but JL Clyde & I hung out and finished Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica...and now can't wait for Season 4 to come out. Great cliffhanger ending to the season though. The whole thing is about finding them finding this mythical planet called Earth...and the last shot is a quick flash of America's wang on a planet...also known as Florida. Need I say more? Okay then, sexy robots. After that, we started watching one movie...but it we found out quickly that we weren't in the mood for it...so we switched it to a romantic comedy that I rented called "P.S. I Love You" with Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, and my reason for getting it...Gina Gershon. Definitely not enough Gershon in this movie (I expected so much more of her to be shown...in every possible way) but it was still pretty good, I thought. The premise is sad...about a husband dying very young...and the widow trying to move on...but it was very well done (though a little far fetched & sappy at times) but it was quite hilarious...and I might be a little Irish because I really dig their attitude towards life. No worries, let's drink...and maybe f**k afterwards. (The key is to say it really fast & mumbly...because then it's apparently cute) If you like romantic comedies, check it out. If not, watch "300" or "Showgirls" or "Bound" or something else. Whatever you're into.

This morning, I took my mom to lunch for Mother's Day...and gave her a dozen roses...and I hate to regift a gift...but I passed along my autographed copy of "J. Rooker, Manatee" to her...because she likes manatees like I like pandas...so she was ever so appreciative...and she'll certainly be reading it to my niece Kelaudri this weekend. So it's the gift that keeps on giving. We ate at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant in Layton and it was it's usual great food...and wonderful conversation with my mom. I know that I say this stuff all the time...but I loves my mom...and she loves me...and I think every day should be Mother's Day. I only wish there was more that I could do for her...but in the meantime, I'll try to keep her happy. So far, so good.

After lunch, I was in my brother's neighborhood, so I went to hang with him and the family for a few hours. We found a copy of "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" for me...but couldn't get it onto a DVD...so he'll get that to me eventually. I already have him on the hunt for John Woo's "The Killer" too...because those are my white buffalo that I hear legends about...but can't seem to find. He also made me a CD of their wedding pictures...so I'll be sharing that with you guys shortly. Maybe before going to Vegas in a few days. We shall see. We played some "Grand Theft Auto IV" and I played with my nieces. They really like their Uncle $teve...and I can't blame them...because I really enjoy being around them...and there's a lot to be said for enjoying the company of somebody who enjoys your company in return. On the drive back home, I got a call from Bubbles, who was having a party with some of her coworkers...and apparently they were talking about me, so they thought to give me a call. Is that awesome or what? I'm always glad to be the preferred topic of conversation at a table of beautiful, young ladies under the influence of alcohol. Vegas may be the place for me yet.

Well, it'll just be a quicky tonight...as I really don't have a lot to talk about besides the Spurs just finishing up their win against the Hornets to get back in their series. Still my pick to go all the way. Going for the ring for the thumb. Tomorrow, I'll be hanging with my dad & helping with some stuff around the house like moving furniture and cutting the grass. My guess is that he's nearly ready for our Vegas adventure...or at least he'd better be...because it's five days away...and I already have a night out planned with a bunch of ladies from my future employer. Blaze game coming up on Saturday night too. Should be good times. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the events going on with regards to my possible new career, family visits, adventures, movies, and all the usual stuff. Have a great night everybody!!!

P.S. I Love you. Honestly, most of the time, I really do feel like the luckiest guy in the world...and I have all you guys to thank. My family, my friends, my coworkers, even my casual acquaintances. Thank you all so much for everything!!! Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

p.s. you're awesome.

thanks for the beer, the 'bots, and turning off the other movie.

$teve said...

No problem. I may let you know how bad the movie is one day. :)

Where should I go next?