Sunday, September 23, 2007

Senior Year

Okay, I got this quiz thing on MySpace about what was going on your senior year of high school. It just goes to show that a lot can change in eight years or so. Anyway, here it is.

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.

1. Who was your best friend?
Chris & Dave - I haven't seen Dave in about 7 years...but I'll see Chris on Sunday probably. They live in Ogden

2. What sports did you play?
Basketball like it was a full-time job!

3. What kind of car did you drive?
My first car Carmen - a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro.

4. It's Friday night, where were you?
Working. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Guess where I was THIS Friday night...

5. Were you a party animal?
Not really. The opportunity rarely presented itself out in the country...and I wasn't into meth.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
Probably with all the academic olympiad girls. Those brainy girls liked me a lot. Not as much as I am now though.

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No...but after watching American Pie, I realized I had probably made the wrong decision

8. Were you a nerd?
I was a nerdy jock. I got a bunch of academic awards...and could school anybody in the school when it came to basketball...and did.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Two words - Reasonable Doubt

10. Can you sing the fight song?
"Together we stand, our future at hand. Our home, our alma mater. Loyal to you...oh Silver & Blue. Our own, our Fremont High!" How the hell do I remember that? I think it won a Grammy for lamest school fight song.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
German teacher Herr Art Hansen & multi-subject (Biology, Chemistry, & Math) teacher Mr. Al Hansen. No relation.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
We usually drove to a nearby convenience store to get sloppy joes for a buck.

13.What was your school's full name?
John C. Fremont High School - Plain City, UT

14. School mascot?
Silverwolves

15. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, with a lovely academic named Rebekah. We flew kites & other lame stuff during the day, then had dinner, danced, and HUGGED. Ladies, at least give us some tongue at the end of the night. Do you realize how many hours of work it takes to pay for a tuxedo rental, corsage, dinner for two, etc.? It wasn't even a bad date. We laughed constantly.

16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
Yeah but I wouldn't focus on my academics as much. I got a 3.8 GPA when I should have been getting knee deep in cheerleader. Let that be a lesson to you kids out there. Fornicate when you can blame it on youth...but do it safely. It's much cheaper that way. So yeah, I would do it over...but I have no regrets. Had I not chosen the path that I did, I wouldn't be here...and that would suck.

17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Honestly? Not much. It was hot. We ate at El Matador afterwards. I was going on a trip to Europe in two weeks. Best part of that week was quitting my job.

18. What was your fave class?
German - Lots of hot girls

19. Where were you on senior skip day?
Senior skip DAY? That was like the last half of the year.

20. Did you have a job your senior year?
Courtesy clerk (bagger) at Winegar's Supermarket

21. Where did you go most often for lunch?
That convenience store or Del Taco

22. Do you keep in touch with your high school friends?
Only Chris really. My former stalker Aaron calls once in a while but I haven't seen him since I graduated college last year.

23. What did you do after graduation?
Your mom. Sorry, had to do it. I went to Europe for 5 weeks, spent four years at the University of Utah, practiced with the U of U men's & women's basketball teams, decided that the U had taken enough of my money with little to no return, went to SLCC, graduated with two degrees, and worked 40 hour per week since graduation.

24. When did you graduate?
1999 - Last class of the Millennium

25. Who was your Senior prom date?
Ann Erwin - Had a crush on her for the longest time, finally grew balls, it didn't work out too well. She ended up being a 2nd cousin and it was already weird by that point anyway.

26. Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
Two years from now? Probably. I could always say that I invented Post-Its or something.

28. What was your favorite thing to eat at lunch?
Peanut butter bars - Weren't those everybody's favorites? I also liked Del Tacos Macho Combo Burrito

29. Who was your boy/girlfriend?
Never really had one in high school...or for too long since. (Sigh)

30. What was your favorite memory of your senior year?
Playing basketball at Slaterville Park with my friends. Good times.

31. Did you like how you looked in your senior pictures?
It is my personal belief that there has yet to be a good picture taken of me. Possibly because I look like Johnny Depp with down syndrome or something, but I blame all cameras. The technology has just not reached the point to capture all of my essence on film or digital representation. Maybe in another decade or so...we shall see.

32. Who will repost this after you?
JL Clyde might. She gets bored easily...but only the cool kids will repost.

33. How have you changed since high school?
I'm more outgoing and confident in myself. The ladies like me more, I know that. Learned a lot in college. I also make a lot more money, can grow mediocre facial hair, and am no longer a virgin (thanks ladies). Other than that, I like to think that I'm still a cool nerdy jock.

Anyway, I'm going to hang out with my mom for the day...because I'm that cool. I'm fully recovered. Oh, you didn't know. I gave blood yesterday...and then spent the day at work with a sick lady...so last night was pretty miserable. However, after drinking plenty of fluids and a nine hour rest, I'm right as rain...whatever that means. Have a great weekend & I'll catch you tomorrow. Peace.

6 comments:

JLee said...

I'd rather not think about my senior year! ha

"I look like Johnny Depp with down syndrome or something.."

You are too funny...

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I wish we had a Del Taco where I went to school.

$teve said...

There's no such thing as too funny...except at a funeral. Learned that one the hard way. "But the first part of funeral is FUN."

There wasn't a Del Taco at my school. We lived in the country, so it was a 15-20 minute drive each way...and he had half hour lunches. That senior skip day was a lifestyle, not a holiday.

Stephanie Faris said...

I never feel right after I give blood. Hope you're feeling better!

$teve said...

Thanks Stephie. I feel fully recuperated now. I hope that my sleep assistance advice is helpful to you too.

Dani said...

Ha I'm with Jlee... I'd rather not think about it...

Where should I go next?