Friday, September 28, 2007

Afternoon Laziness

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, let's see. After work yesterday, I went home to finish watching Season 2 of Drawn Together...and after about fifteen minutes, fell asleep. No, not because it was a boring show...but I guess my exhaustion just caught up with me. It does that from time to time. I'll just finally be able to sit down and relax...then I'm waking up about a half-hour later wondering what the hell happened. Hopefully it's not a radon leak or something...but I'll keep you posted. So yeah, if you haven't seen "Drawn Together" for one reason or another (no Comedy Central, Entertainment Weekly giving it an F rating, high moral standards, etc.) then I think that you should. If you like my blog, you'll probably like the show...and if you don't like my blog, why are you reading this? Don't get me wrong, it's appreciated. Anyway, enough about that.

The Score (2001) - I had never seen the full version of this movie...but it's a great thievery movie full of drama, conflict both internal & external, and brings together probably the greatest actors from three generations - Edward Norton, Robert DeNiro, & Marlon Brando. I can't really do a list for these three guys...because just about every movie they've been in would win a medal...and they've been around for a while. Marlon Brando though, rest in peace, but that guy is such a good actor that he can demand millions of dollars to be in a movie for about ten minutes of screen time. No nudity either. Now that's pull. DeNiro, sure he did "Rocky & Bullwinkle" and "Angel Heart" (for about five minutes of screen time) but other than that...nothing but great films. Ed Norton, I don't care what you say, I liked "Death to Smoochy." Anyway, this movie rocked. If you're a frustrated bank robber like me, then you may want to check this movie out.

Another cool thing about this movie, it was directed by Yoda. I'm serious. Director Frank Oz is the voice of Yoda...as well as Fozzy, Miss Piggy, Bert, Grover, the Cookie Monster, and my favorite animal, Animal. Just something to think about while you're watching...but it doesn't really mean anything. He also directed "The Dark Crystal", "Little Shop of Horrors", a few Muppet movies, and "Stepford Wives." Allegedly, during the filming of this movie, Marlon Brando (in his final performance, by the way) called Frank "Miss Piggy" in a condescending fashion. Isn't that ironic? Frank Oz must be a real gentleman because I would have retaliated with telling Mr. Brando in my best Yoda voice, "The pot calling the kettle black, is that not? Jabba, on your mark, get your ass." I'm sure that Marlon would have given out a lovely baritone chuckle and spoke some Tattoinne language with subtitles. Anyway, great movie.

P.S. After "The Score", I gave "Jane Austen's Mafia!" (Flush It in Comedy) another shot...and it still sucks. However, I was reminded of a new Flush It for Comedy by somebody...and it's "Napoleon Dynamite." Please explain to me what's supposed to be so damn funny about that movie. Is it that it's so lame? Is it that Jon Heder looks like he's going to sneeze throughout the whole movie? It inspires me though. If that movie can make money, then my movie can make money. All I need is a few crazy people to think that it's funny...and they'll tell their crazy friends to go see it...then they'll tell their friends how much it sucked...so they'll have to see it first-hand...and by then I would have covered production costs ($20) just in time for its national release. It's a sweet idea.

Happy 69th birthday to the legendary Ben E. King!!! One of the great R&B singers of the 60's is still alive and kicking. If you're not familiar with him, he sings "Stand by Me" which the Top 10 in both 1961 and 1986 as well as some of the great 'doo-wop' songs of the era such as "Spanish Harlem", "Save the Last Dance", "I (Who Have Nothing)", and "This Magic Moment." If you don't have a greatest hits album of his, head down to Wal-Mart (or your iTunes site) and you can get it for ten bucks tops. It's worth every penny and more. Also, feel free to stop by the Stand by Me Foundation website and help out your fellow man. Tell Ben that I said hi. We're tight like that.

Well, today I'm off from work. For lunch, I'm going to meet up with my grandma (the seventeen kids one) and another woman in her seventies to discuss our trip to Europe in a few weeks...and see what they are wanting, willing, and able to do while in Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Naples, Rome, Sicily, etc. It should be a great time. Hopefully, the fact that they're in their seventies won't slow us down...but that's cool. The trip is really for them. I've seen about half of the cities already...and I'm just there to cater to them, you know? That reminds me. I need to ask favors of my buddies who speak Spanish, French, & Italian for some basic phrases...so I can be a true tourist...but at least one that tries. For some reason, I took German in high school...and haven't really been able to use it with anyone ever since. I do enjoy reading Ruben's blog and slowly translating it when I have extra time at work...but that's about the extent of it.

Afterwards, I may be partying. We shall see. Anyway, have a great weekend everybody!!! I'm gonna watch some Mythbusters On-Demand about Superheroes. Kari is soooo hot. Here's another picture...mostly for me.
I'm telling ya, I like the pigtails.
Excuse me, Ms. Byron. My name is $teve.
Yeah, that $teve from the letters. I was wondering if you've
considered my offer to co-star in my new show "Nutbusters."
Yes, that outfit would be perfect...for now.

On the next "Nutbusters", Kari & I are going to finally answer the myth -

Can a woman orgasm for a solid hour? (Start title sequence)

2 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

What's Mythbusters? Whatever it is, she's cute!

$teve said...

It's this great show on Discovery Channels were these four engineering & special effects guys (and one stunning redhead) tackle urban myths like "If you drink a coke & pop rocks, will you explode?" or "Can a car really have an ejector seat?" and they put them to a scientific test. Check your local listings. It's well worth it.

Where should I go next?