Saturday, September 1, 2007

Not Much to Talk about Today

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

I was awoke this morning by the new Mrs. Wingman to help out with moving & selling her brother's stuff at a yard sale. I don't know about you...but I love yard sales...because I love to haggle. I'll admit that I'm no heavyweight champion like Marvelous Marvin Haggler...but I hold my own...and won't pay more than I really want to. One of my favorite parts of going to China for a month was that it was culturally acceptable to haggle & negotiate & compromise with the street vendors...whereas here, yard sales are about the only thing were that's a given. Sure, buying a car or something has the potential for negotiation...but those guys are pricks. Yard sales are more casual...and near the end on a hot day, you can get really good deals on furniture.

"How much for this couch?"
"I'll tell you what. If you buy this stereo for $30, you can take the couch as a parting gift. I'm not loading it back on the truck."

Maybe tomorrow I'll have something a little more witty to talk about...but I'm at work now with two of my buddies...so I think I'll talk with them a little bit.

FYE - If you find yourself bored of my blog...or just have extra blog reading time because I'm a lazy ass & didn't do another one of my epic adventures...please check out some of the Other Sites that I Check Out on the right column. I added a few last night...and I think that you'll enjoy them...especially if you enjoy my stuff. I personally recommend BSUWG, which is an incredible acronym for one of my favorite activities.

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great blog! Your musings are very amusing. I especially loved your explanation of Pioneer Day.

Thanks for reading my blog (and for letting me know it). I apologize that I've been such a slacker lately, but I promise to write more.

Where will your next trip be?

Jen (QT)

$teve said...

Please, write at your leisure. My next trip is to New Orleans in a little over a week. First time back since Katrina...but I love that town. After that it's off to Europe for a cruise in November.

Reading through your blog, I just have to say that I'm hella jealous that you get to go to all those cool places. Please keep me posted at your leisure so I can dream of winning the Powerball & checking out those places too. :)

Thanks for writing...

Where should I go next?