Sunday, September 30, 2007

Snow on the Hills

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Yesterday was a relaxing day. I spent most of the day doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and watching college football in between. It was a BIG day in college football. How big? Six of the top 13 ranked teams in the polls lost. Five of them to unranked teams. They were all really good games to watch too. College football is exciting to me...because the guys wanna play and not for the money (at least immediately) and the fans are a fantastic mix of crazy college kids and tailgating alumni. Congrats to Utah for getting another win. This time against Utah State. Notre Dame is 0-5 and based on what I saw yesterday (their best game of the year and still lost by two touchdowns), they very well may not win a game this year. John 11:35 - Football Jesus wept.

After that, my aunt & uncle called me up and invited me to have a few drinks with them at the Barbary Coast Saloon. You may remember this bar from a few months ago when my Uncle Doug had his 35th birthday party. It's a nice little biker bar with live entertainment on the weekends. I decided to invite JL Clyde to the festivities and she was glad to attend. Band on the Run played rock classics as we discussed sports, music, commercials we like (Nike, Carl's Jr. Flat Buns, etc.), our cruise to Mexico last year, when my aunt used to babysit me, their kids (who think I'm the coolest cousin ever for some reason), all the usual stuff. A good time was had by all. I was the designated driver so everybody else got to be as frivolous as they wanted. I'd hang out with these guys anytime. Thanks for inviting me...if you read my blog. Also, I finally dusted off my leather trenchcoat for the winter season. There's some snow in the mountains and it was pretty chilly last night. I think the low was around freezing. So much for fall...

NFL Today - Brett Favre is going for the all-time NFL passing touchdown record (still another hundred or so for Warren Moon's CFL/NFL combined record). Eagles are looking for another win against the Giants (exaggerated) in the night game. Daunte Culpepper gets to start for the Raiders...against the team that cut him a month ago, the Miami Dolphins in a game that only one team can lose. My money's on the Raiders...and by money, I mean sense of ironic justice. Anyway, that's enough about sports.

Today, I'm going to be hanging at my dad's because I haven't seen him in a few weeks and he's a good guy. Also, my brother said that he was bringing the family there too...so two birds with one stone. I still don't believe that anybody has ever pelted two birds with two stones before. Maybe some tribal warrior in the savannah of Sudan...but this cliche has to go. Just say something like "taking care of two objectives in the same instance" or throw a clever twist on it...but I'm not nearly that clever to attempt. I'm sure that you'll come up with something. So yeah, party at my dad's. We'll probably have Colosimo's brats. They're smurfin' delicious.

So...what else am I going to put on here today? How about another one of these quiz things that was sent to me through MySpace? Yeah, you guys can get to know me a little bit more. That...and I'm lazy...and I want some breakfast.

$teveology

Let others know a little more about yourself, repost this as your name followed by "ology."

MOUTHOLOGY
Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A: Blue Cheese, normally you'd think twice before trying...

Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. Curry in a Hurry or Arby's

Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
A. Melange at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans...when I can afford it

Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
A. About 20% usually

Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
A. Pizza

Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
A. Meats, cheeses, & vegetables. Barbecue sauce? Peanut butter, whatever, I'm like a ninja turtle.

Q. What do you like to put on your toast?
A. French it up and put syrup or powdered sugar on it.

TECHNOLOGY
Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A. Marilyn Monroe and her sweet naked ass in a classy layout from Playboy circa 1953?

Q. How many televisions are in your house/apartment?
A. Two.

BIOLOGY
Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
A. Righty tighty.

Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. Bits of glass and a mole, both a long time ago.

Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. I still have a few...but not on my teeth.

Q. What was the last heavy item you lifted?
A. I just took a leak about five minutes ago.

Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. Yeah, car accident. Did you guys see that Jermaine Taylor / Kelly Pavlik fight last night? I caught the highlights and you have to see the knockout in slo-mo. Wait for it on YouTube or something. It's impressive. Is Kelly Pavlik the next Great White Hype?

BULLS**TOLOGY
Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. Sure, why not? I'll try to look surprised. I could be like Nicolas Cage in "Next" only with some emotion.

Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
A. Mike Hunt, then I'd giggle everytime I heard somebody ask it in a crowd

Q. What color(s) do you think looks best on you?
A. Black, white, and Brazilian

Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
A. By mistake? Not that I recall.

Q. Have you ever saved someone's life?
A. No need to thank me, just pay it forward.

Q. Has someone ever saved yours?
A. Emergency workers when I was 16. Smurfin' Ford Broncos.

DAREOLOGY
Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. Do I get it back? Then yes.

Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. Well, I didn't get the management job, so I guess this question is pointless. Since it's not going to be offered, I would say no. I enjoy this. If I don't, you'll know...because it'd stop.

Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
A. I would pose naked on the cover of TIME for a quarter-mill. Sports Illustrated, Better Homes & Gardens, whatever. You give me a quarter-mill, I'll give you the full monty.

Q: What is in your left pocket?
A: Keys

Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A: (See? This question reminded me the other day about my amendment) No, but it is my inspiration to make my own movie...because if that pile of pig shit can make money, then my silly ass could.

Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A: Brown shag carpet.

Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A: Sit in the shower? Seriously? I stand...unless the shower's too small, then it's a kind of fetal position slouch.

Q: Could you live with roommates?
A: I have before.

Q: How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
A: One, I think.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: Rich + Crazy = Eccentric

Q: Who is number 1 on your top 8
A: My brother

LASTOLOGY
Q: Friend you talked to on the phone?
A: JL Clyde

Q: Last person who called you?
A: Missy

Q: Person you hugged?
A: JL Clyde

FAVORITOLOGY
Q: Number(s)?
A: 50

Q: Season?
A: Spring. Both days of it here in Utah

CURRENTOLOGY
Q: Missing someone?
A: A little bit

Q: Mood?
A: Relaxed

Q: Listening to?
A: Sunday NFL Countdown

Q: Watching?
A. The computer?

Q: Worrying about?
A: Trip to Europe in a few weeks. Am I going to have to sell my baby batter to make ends meet?
RANDOMOLOGY
Q: First place you went this morning?
A: Bathroom

Q: What can you not wait to do?
A: Eat something

Q: What's the last movie you saw?
A: I gave Jane Austen's Mafia! another shot. It still sucked.

Q: Do you smile often?
A: I don't think that I frown. It's like a natural facelift habit or something.

Q: Are you a friendly person?
A: I don't know how this rumor started...but it needs to stop NOW.

2 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

You consider laundry, dishes, and vacuuming RELAXING? Oh my.

$teve said...

Compared to other stuff, yeah, I find cleaning up my house a bit and lounging about relaxing. It's a lot better than say...working, fixing my car, all that stuff. It also gives me time to cook, which is actually relaxing to me too. I'm a bit of a weirdo...but you probably picked up on that.

Where should I go next?