Saturday, September 29, 2007

Next

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,


Yesterday was a great day. I started off by watching the newly released on DVD Nicolas Cage movie "Next" and it was pretty good. Now, I give Mr. Cage a lot of crap once in a while...and it's not just because friends of mine think that he's hot. That makes me feel better...because I have similar features. Mr. Cage & Adrien Brody give a guy like me hope. It just seems to me that he seems really tired all the time...and talks like it too. Allegedly, I do a pretty good impersonation of him...and the key is to act like you're coming down off something and you haven't slept in three days. Then again, if I had Jessica Biel in this situation, I wouldn't sleep for three days at a time either. Anyway, the movie was basically "Groundhog Day" as an action movie...and Jessica Biel is really really hot...all the time. This movie is about a Vegas mentalist who has a real gift...where he can see about two minutes into the future and what'll happen within his own life, like the decisions that he makes, etc. They talk about how it takes all the luster out of life in the movie...but seriously, I still think it'd be awesome. Why? It's illustrated in the movie when he finally meets Jessica Biel and makes his move...after a few failed attempts (and seeing the results), he finally decides on a good one.


Also, I'm fairly convinced that I need to learn a few charming magic tricks for the ladies. Not to really trick them or anything, but because it always gets a laugh...even when you screw it up. I already have pretty good sleight of hand and skills with a basketball...but would that really translate? Worst case, I could always botch it and say, "Is this your card?" "No, that looks like somebody's phone number." "Interesting. I suggest that you call it later tonight and find out who it is...maybe around 8 o'clock? Ninja vanish." (Smoke bomb explodes at my feet & I hop in a cab while she's coughing...because it was actually a stink bomb. How did I get those mixed up?) Only one way to find out. Oh yeah, back to the movie. It doesn't really end...as much as it just stops. Just to give you a warning...but it's based on a Philip K. Dick story...and that's usually how the movies end.


After the movie, I met up with my mom, grandma, and my mom's friend from work Pat to talk about our pending trip to Europe in November. My mom isn't going though...and the other two ladies are in their seventies...but I don't think that's going to be a big problem. Half the time is on a cruise ship...and the other half is in greatly populated metropolises (What's the plural for metropolis? Metropoli? Metropolot?) and we'll be fine moving around...even if it's slower than average speeds. I can always load my grandma up in a wheelchair and tell her to hold on as we race over cobblestones. That'd be fun...like a wooden rollercoaster. We discussed this over lunch at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant and had a grand olde time. Today, as I'm doing laundry and cleaning up my crib, I'm also going to be settling up our port activities on the cruise and setting up tours, etc. in Barcelona for the days we're not nautical. It should be fun. It's going to be a great trip in a few weeks.


After the late lunch, I met up with some friends for an impromptu dinner at the Bombay House for some Indian cuisine. It was great. We had a fun time chatting about whatever. The food was fantastic...though expensive. I'm not gonna lie. We had Mango Lassi and a variety of different delicious foods...but I ate about three hours earlier...and I just couldn't eat more. Oh well, it was still a great time with great company. You can't beat that.


After dinner, I met up with my buddies JL Clyde, Erica, and her husband Ruben and went to a party. We met the host Joey, who is an incredible artist. He had some of his work all over his house...and it was very impressive...and the hospitality was great too. We talked about...well, whatever came up. I remember that somehow we got on the topic...and I mentioned that I'd like to see a movie about Benjamin Franklin...and JL thought that Gary Oldman would be the perfect actor, because he can do anything...and I agreed. By anything, he could convince you that the Easter Bunny existed...so we combined the two into one movie and titled it, "The Easter Benny." (Patent Pending) Ladies & Gentlemen, this is what $teve thinks of when he's sober. Imagine when he's drunk. Actually, it's about the same but sleepier quicker. I was the designated driver today though. It was a good party. Then I drove JL home after grabbing some Del Taco along the way. Then I slept like a baby. Good times.


So yeah, today I'm checking out the Europe trip stuff...and that's really about it for plans. Maybe I'll be invited to a party somewhere, maybe I won't, maybe I'll be here when my twin neighbors come back from clubbin' intoxicated and get a little chatty. The possibilites are endless. One thing's for sure, Notre Dame football is in the shitter. They're 0-4 for the first time ever...and currently losing to Purdue 20-0. That sucks. Ooop, Purdue just recoverd a fumble. Oh man. Here's some of the stuff that we're going to do in Europe:

I don't mean to brag. This is just the idea...and we probably can't afford all of this cool stuff AND food...but that's the plan. Sorry, I had the chance to go to Europe with the family...and I took it. I would hope that, given the opportunity, you would do the same. Anyway, I've gotta change a load of laundry, so have a great day...and let me know how you're doing. Hopefully you're exhausted from partying all night. If not, enjoy your weekend however you need to enjoy it. Peace!!!



P.S. In case you were interested, I found out yesterday afternoon that I was denied an interview for that managerial job at my work. No biggie. Their loss, my gain. Same pay, no responsibility, and I can still flirt with coworkers. Watch out Box Girl.

5 comments:

A.P. said...

That's a bummer about the interview. did they say why? i was hoping that we would have a new big office to chill in. oh well, just take it as an omen about Box Girl: pack that box to the brim!

p.s. if you are in need of some packing tape i will be more than happy to offer my assistance.

$teve said...

Okay, I'm not sure exactly where the metaphor stops & the reality begins...but I'll keep you posted. I think they just had a lot of people with experience apply...but how the hell do I get experience when I can't even get an interview for the job?

Honestly, I think that I've just proven myself indispensable at my current job...so they can't let me be promoted. If I bitched more & caused problem, maybe it'd be different. Let that be a lesson to you young whipper snappers out there. Do your job half-ass and bitch constantly? That's how you get ahead. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

j.l. clyde said...

***insert snide comment about grease here***

MyDirtyLaundry said...

I have no idea why the fabulous Jessica agreed to do that movie. And do people believe that she'd actually be into Nic Cage, Mr. Monotone himself? Then again, we were supposed to buy into John Travolta as a woman in Hairspray. Oh, Hollywood...

$teve said...

Amen Lala!!! Hollywood is a weird place. Jessica Biel did it for the paycheck. You can't really hate on that. The thing is...I still liked the movie...but it took a stretch of imagination...like the Wizard of Oz or something. Besides, I like the whole concept of your dreams coming true...because they have for me before...and hopefully they do for all of you (the wet ones, not the nightmares).

Where should I go next?