Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mercury Win the WNBA Title!!!

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,


The Phoenix Mercury bring...well, I think the first professional championship in the history of the city of Phoenix, Arizona. Have the Cardinals ever won a playoff game? Who cares? The Mercury won the WNBA championship in the decisive game five by the score of 108-92. It was a pretty high scoring game. Congratulations ladies!!! Live it up!!! It was a great game & a great series...and I'm glad that I got to check some of it out...even though my brother bitched & moaned about it. Not for the typical reason, that football was on the other channels...but because he wanted to play Warhawk & other video games.


My brother bugs me sometimes...and it has nothing to do with the TV viewing stuff. He's got a pregnant wife who works for just over minimum wage, two girls and a son on the way, no job, and a mother that pays for EVERYTHING that the government doesn't (like house, appliances, auto maintenance, and everything except groceries & video games). Here's an example of a conversation that we had this weekend while I was driving home from grocery shopping with him. Let me know if you can see where it bothers me.


Kiel: "I'm thinking that we're going to move out of my place (that my mother bought & makes the house payment for)."

$teve: "Yeah, Ashley told me about that a few weeks ago...but I'm thinking that you guys sobered up & that was the end of that."

Kiel: "No, the place is good for a bachelor...but I've got a family now...so I need a bigger place."

$teve: "Interesting. Any ideas on where this house is going to be?"

Kiel: "I don't know. I'm thinking that I'm going to let Ashley go to school, then I'm going to school, but I'd really like to get a new place."

$teve: "Cool...but you can't afford where you live...and you're looking for something bigger? Where are you going to work? You haven't had a job that has paid more than seven bucks an hour or for more than a few months."

Kiel: "I don't know. I'll get a job somewhere, Ashley will go to school..."


$teve: "Who's going to watch the kids? You're doing your best to burn your bridge with mom & Lavar."


Kiel: "I don't know. I'm going to, I guess."


$teve: "While you're working...and Ashley's going to school...and without mom, me, or any friends to watch your kids...and you can't afford to spend a dime on day care...or pay for your house without mom...who has invested so much in you two despite only receiving criticism & vulgarity from you. You really need to show some appreciation to mom, you little bitch. Without her, you have NOTHING."


Kiel: "Whatever." I swear to Christ, I love my brother...but he must have some kind of frontal lobe injury that restricts him from thinking more than three seconds ahead of what comes out of his mouth. He's right. My mom probably will pay for every little thing that his heart desires...but he has to become independent...or at least get a smurfing job...a real smurfing job that he doesn't get suspended from...and eventually fired because he talks out of his ass all the time & has no respect for anyone or anything. That's why it pisses me off. He's got a wonderful family, a great mind for stuff that interests him, good health, yet he has done nothing to better himself in his 24 years of existence really. I hate to see wasted potential...and this kid is full of it unless he switches it around.


I guess the saying goes, "You can take a slow donkey to water but you can't make the stupid ass drink it." I hope that he wises up...but in the meantime, he'll probably be playing video games instead of doing errands around the house while he's there all day. You know, do some laundry, pick some stuff up off the floor that your baby crawls on, do the dishes, stuff like that. That's a start. Sorry to bug you all about it. I just wanted to let you know how I spent my weekend. I hung out with my brother...and watched a few movies...and picked trash up off the ground...and heard about O.J. getting arrested again. Nice. Anyway, more uplifting stuff tomorrow. I promise. Hope you all had a great weekend...and wish a happy 25th birthday to my buddy The Mad Scientist!!!

No comments:

Where should I go next?