Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random Thoughts

* Why are they called Third World Countries? Are they really in a separate world? What are the requirements to be a Second World Country? Is that the equivalent of being a 4-star hotel in the geographic sense? Does a Second World country have all the services & amenities (infrastructure, political stability, healthy economy, etc.) of a First World Country, but doesn't have full-service Spa facilities? Also, if it is a Third World Country, wouldn't it be superior to a First or Second World...like a PS3 compared to the first two installations? Or perhaps it is more like the Scream trilogy? The sad truth is...that I have taken Political Science classes...and my teacher, though great & knowledgeable, wasn't able to give me a solid answer...nor the literature accompanying the class. I was just curious if anybody out there knew.


* Has Michael Biehn ever been in a non-action film? I mean...probably not any Hollywood non-action movies, but has he ever been in like a school production of "Sound of Music" or something that didn't involve stunt doubles & explosions? I'm not complaining at all. He's awesome. If you are aware of such an incident...or better yet, have video confirmation, I would love to know about it. Oh...and if you don't know who Michael Biehn is, google him. You know him, even if you don't know his name.

* Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott?

* Why doesn't somebody bring back Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future? Again, google it. It kicks ass...especially for a Saturday morning kids show made twenty years ago.


* Am I the only person that thinks the Founding Fathers started the Revolution one night when they were all drunk at a bar in Boston? They were just there chilling one day, having a few brews, when Alex Hamilton comes in bitching about paying extra for stamps, Tommy "Firecrotch" Jefferson said it was bullhucky, G-Wash started in, & before they knew it...a great country was being born with a blood alcohol content triple the legal limit. For some reason, I always saw Benjamin Franklin as the crazy old uncle always egging them on, saying stuff like "You're right! I think we should all dress up like Indians & dump tea into the harbor. Come on, you turkeys!"


* Wouldn't it be cool to have lived like the Native Americans? They lived peacefully with nature...and for the most part with surrounding tribes since ancient times. No taxes, no debt, plenty of buffalo, deer, & beaver for all. The Medicine Man healed anybody who needed it for free. Women did all the work. Men spent all day hunting & fishing...and all night making one little, two little, three little Indians. Europeans are dicks. Being one-sixteenth Ottawa, I can say that at least once...but then my European Mutt heritage would have to kick my own ass...again.


* What's the deal with the Easter Bunny? Why does she (yes, it's a she) lay multi-racial eggs? Bunnies don't lay eggs. In Australia, do they have an Easter Platypus? What do you call a group of Platypus? Because I have some rather dirty ideas.


* Anyway, I guess that's enough for today. Now, I'm going to leave you with my ONE celebrity photo. I think that if you've read my rambling this far, you deserve it. This was taken on a recent trip to Vegas on my brother's honeymoon (don't ask) but I bumped into my old friend Brangelina while it was relaxing between goodwill trips...and this picture was taken by my sister-in-law moments before Joe Black went all Achilles for some reason.





By the way, I am the huge version of Johnny Depp with Down Syndrome on the left...and you have no idea where my left hand is...but here's a hint - It's tighter than it should be. She didn't seem to mind. Drive safely!

No comments:

Where should I go next?