Friday, May 11, 2007

A Little Background to Me

Let's see, what to tell? Well, I grew up in several cities along the Wasatch Front in Utah. "So you're a Mormon?" I was raised Mormon, but I was allowed to make my own choice around the age of eleven or so...and I picked football & basketball on Sunday mornings rather than sitting quietly & letting people talk softly for hours while I fight off falling asleep in my sunday best. I went again my last few years of high school...but mostly to play church ball & pick up on girls. If there's a higher calling than that, I don't know of it.

Speaking of basketball, I've wanted to be a pro baller since I was 8 years old (and about four feet tall). My favorite player since the beginning has been David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs (now long retired which makes me feel kind of old, but I'll get over it). I played like it was a full-time job for about 15 years, but never made any money at it. I played a lot of church ball & was much better than any of the coach's sons that played for the school teams...then was on the practice squad up at the University of Utah (both men's & women's), then tried out for a few pro teams (bless you if you've ever heard of the new ABA's Utah Snowbears), but never made a paycheck...only a few bucks here & there on pick up games.

I went to the University of Utah for four years...but because of dabbling in many different majors (Engineering, Teaching, Modern Dance, etc.), I got a well-rounded education but no degrees. Then I went to SLCC and got two associates in Marketing Management & General Studies (consulation prize for being in school so long with no direction). How am I utilizing my degrees? They look quite stunning in my display case next to my soccer trophy from 3rd grade (goalie) and a jade buddha that I got from China. I work at a hotel call center...and have for the past seven years now. It's a great job...but it was better before they started cutting budgets (because Asia & Canada are so much cheaper). Now, I'm looking for the next 'get rich quick' scheme to rifle me into wealthdom. Movies, real estate, management, blackmail, kidnapping, stocks, sperm donation, cornering the market on novelty mouse pads, all great ideas, but no real financial backing.......yet. We shall see...and I shall keep you posted.

Oh yeah, anything else that you want to know about me, feel free to ask. If not, you can just read my jibber-jabber. Because I tend to do it a lot. Peace.

3 comments:

Boorappa said...

Steve you are the man! this is your home slice PLAYA Heavy-J, and kickin it from here to Rhode Island. This guy rocks, and he really likes it ON the rocks! keep it real bro!

Heavy J

SRS said...

Next time in the further adventures of The Plumber, he and his side kick Drain Snake are faced once again with the the wing man challenge and you are asked as the audience to vote what would YOU DO!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO!!!

$teve said...

Why thank you Heavy J & SRS. The two of you seem to be learned in the ways of the Wingman...even before my expose. Thank you for your patronage...and write back soon.

Where should I go next?