Sunday, May 13, 2007

Odometers

Happy Mother's Day everybody...especially all the single mothers out there with deadbeat baby daddies. I've got nothing but love for ya!!! If you're ever feeling exceptionally lonely, feel free to drop me a line. We'll talk about it.

This week has been a great week for me for so many reasons. Most trivial though, both of my cars (don't worry, they're not new) had major events happen on their odometers. I know what you're thinking right now. "My golly gosh, BOTH of them on the SAME WEEK? Surely, you're making a joke at my expense." I assure you that I am not. First, my 1969 Pontiac LeMans that I've been restoring (big shout out to my dad & buddy Chris for their help) over the last few years just passed the 88,888.8 mile marker the other day driving to work. Had I not been getting on the onramp at the time of the occurence, I might have taken a cell phone picture...but I'm a very safe driving...mostly. Also, within the next few days, my 1988 Buick Park Avenue (the seats are like sofas & has power EVERYTHING) will be passing the 200,000 mile plateau. Through my hillbilly upbringing, it's traditional to be going over 100 MPH when passing the 100,000 plateau...but the only way my Park Avenue is getting up to 200 MPH is if it's dropped out of a cargo plane at 40,000 feet or so...so my question is, what is a man to do? Probably just pass it casually going to work, perhaps taking the time to take a picture to commemorate the moment...but that seems rather lame...or is this whole blog entry kind of lame? It's one of those everyday occurences that make me giddy...and I can only hope that you have similar vices that get you through the day...otherwise life gets really lame really quickly.

Join me next time when I discuss a very important topic...nay, time honored tradition. Of course, I am talking about the Legacy....of the Wingman. Ladies, you may want to read about it too. Just to understand why every lucky man out there has such a friend, who will jump on that live grenade to save his friend from a weekend of misery & abstinence, who will 'take one for the team' so that everybody receives benefit, & will make possibly inappropriate comments at precisely calculated times to avoid subjects that may or may not incriminate present parties. At the very least, you may learn a little about the incredible mystery...that is the mind of Man...and be mystified by how simple & effective it is. Now, if you'll excuse me...I have pancakes waiting for me. Thanks Mom!!! Also, big shout out to my stepmom Deleene! Best stepmom that a guy like me could have...

No comments:

Where should I go next?