Thursday, May 24, 2007

Groovy

So I'm watching quite possibly the worst parody movie of all time yesterday entitled "Epic Movie" (It's right up there with "Mafia!" & "My Big Fat Independent Movie") when I see something familiar in the movie. No, it's not Carmen Electra's smokin' hot ass this time...though it was definitely noticed. There's a quick cameo by somebody playing a mockery version of Wolverine (I know...the bastards dare mock the X-Men). I recognize him from several other movies like "Rat Race", "Firewall", "Grind", "National Lampoon's Barely Legal", & "American Werewolf In Paris" but for the life of me, I've never even imagined what his name was. He's great comedic relief for any teen movie though. So I stomach my way through the entire film (hoping to see more Carmen Electra & random naked girls jumping out of wardrobes) and the credits finally roll. The name of the actor playing Wolverine is.............GROOVY!!!



My immediate response, "HELL YEAH, HE IS!!!" Allow me to introduce you to Groovy (a.k.a. Vince Vieluf). Among the amazing things about this guy...is that this guy will be 37 years old this November...and he seems like the ultimate college kid. He also went professionally by one of my favorite words. Yes, I'm one of those sad individuals trying to bring back words like radical, groovy, & gnarly...while dude has already been thoroughly established thanks to the Coen Brothers. Anyway, he also got me wondering if he thinks that he's a huge international megastar now...or at least on the cusp...because he's only going by one name...or rather, one adjective now.



Who else does this bold statement of one's individuality? Washed-up singers like Cher, Madonna, & Britney? Brazilian sports stars like Ronaldo & Nene (currently riding the Nuggets' bench, if I remember correctly)? Greek Gods? Sir, I don't believe that you are any of those individuals. If Jeff Daniels cannot answer to merely "The Dude" then you shall not be "Groovy." I do admire his spirit though. He has the attitude that "Yes, I may be type-cast into playing fraternity brothers or a bumbling thief or some other degrading role that I get paid scale for thus firing my agent/dealer. But from now on, whenever one speaks of the future Sir Vincent Ernest Vieluf...they may also refer to him as Lord Groovy." Keep up the good fight, good knight. We shall be decorated soon. This is $teve...nay, Dr. Mookie Tockenbaut Love...nay, Cap'n PIMP saying have a glorious evening...and may all your friends be as Groovy as mine. Peace!!!

P.S. If you haven't already, you should see "Rat Race." If not for Groovy, then for Seth Green, John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean), and Jon Lovitz. Great stupid movie.

No comments:

Where should I go next?