Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Back in Black...and Orange

Buenos Dias Damas y Cabelleros,

As you can tell by my more than likely grammatically fubar'd Spanish greeting, I am back from my Rational Baboon's European Vacation. As for the blog title, it's like the AC/DC song...but I'm also wearing my Utah Blaze T-shirt...hence the orange. Boy, do I have a lot of stuff to tell you about. Over the past two weeks plus, I've seen ancient wonders of the world, medieval villages, funny lookin' money (worth much more than a dollar nowadays), people with a wide variety of accents, hotties of all shapes and sizes, people who can smoke without getting heckled at, witches, warlocks, and goblins, the wide open sea, crazy ass dreams (that I'll share when timely, you aren't gonna want to miss these), people react to some of my personal views about airlines, polygamy, polygyny, childrearing, dating, Love, and many more incredible sights along the way.

On top of that, I kept two old ladies from being lost forever because they have no sense of direction between them, translated broken English for their fading ears, read signs and menus for them, helped them negotiate stairs, carried their luggage, translated thousands of years of history that they didn't understand into "It just is", and showed them some of the better times of their lives. Who can't be happy about that? Oh yeah, I also spent a scatload of money and was completely cut off from my friends and family for two weeks...but they're glad to have me back...and I'm glad to have them back. Because I still have a lot of unpacking, cleaning up, catching up at work, downloading pictures, getting presents ready, and many errands to run this morning, I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that I made it back...and I'll share my pictures and stories with you further tonight. This could take all week...and I've missed a lot of news...but I'll be caught up in a few weeks to keep you all informed so you don't have to watch your local news or read a newspaper or talk with your family...you can just read my blog and know the important stuff.

RIP Donda West - As I'm sure you've all heard, Kanye West's mother died almost two weeks ago (I found out yesterday at the airport. Apparently, the BBC couldn't give two rat turds about hip-hop) and it's a sad day. On Kanye's 2nd album, there's a track on there called "Hey Mama" that I used for a little montage of pictures for my mom at a family reunion...and it's always a tragedy when your mother passes away. I don't know about the whole suing the doctor bit because I don't know any of the details yet...but regardless, my condolences to 'Ye and his family.

On a lighter note, I'm back!!! Yay!!! I really did miss all of you...and a big thanks to Bubbles for stopping by last night and hanging out with me despite my "28 hours in an airport atmosphere" kind of man funk. I did change my shirt...but it's a good thing that I'm funny and charming, otherwise, I'd probably never have people stop by. Have a good day...and I'll check in with you all later. Peace.

2 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear the trip was awesome...I can't wait to read about every little detail. (Hey those French ladies find the man-funk-post-flight-stench sexy, so work it.)

$teve said...

Yeah, they were digging the 'taking a shower on a cruise hip in the fetal position' stench too...but more on that later. :)

Where should I go next?